𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

ABOUT a week later, Cassius was in his room. It was night and almost everyone was asleep. Meanwhile, he was trying to put the scar ointment on his back, groaning each time he couldn't reach it.

He looked at his bedroom door for a minute, debating about something. When he finally made his decision, he grabbed his shirt and put it on, then grabbed the scar ointment and walked out of his room.

When he was in front of Harry's bedroom door, he hesitantly knocked, not knowing if the boy was asleep or not. "Come in."

Hearing Harry say that, Cassius opened the door, raising an eyebrow at the fact that Harry was reading. "Is the world ending?" He joked, walking in and closing the door behind him.

"My world might be."

Cassius' face fell at that. He bit the inside of his cheek.

"I'm joking, Cassius." Harry said, trying not to look shocked at the fact the boy was talking to him again as if everything was fine. He patted his bed. "Come sit."

Cassius nodded and did as Harry said.

"Is everything alright?" Harry asked, putting the book away.

Cassius pulled out the scar ointment out of his pocket. "Can you put it on my back? I can't reach it."

"Of course," said Harry immediately.

Not making any move to take off his shirt, Cassius looked at Harry. "You won't treat me differently after you see them?"

Harry frowned and shook his head. "Of course not, Cassius." He replied softly.

The boy next to him nodded and slowly took off his shirt, then sat in front of Harry instead of beside him, so that Harry could put the ointment on his back.

Harry had to stifle a gasp at the many scars, but couldn't stop his eyes widening.

"Stop looking at it," muttered Cassius, his voice trembling, not having to turn around to know that.

Harry didn't answer and started putting the ointment on the scars on Cassius' back, acting like he wasn't noticing the vulnerability of the boy at that moment.

Cassius, who was tensed the whole time, had his eyes closed, trying to stop the tears that were threatening to fall.

He hadn't cried in years. He didn't know why all of a sudden he felt like crying.

When Harry was done with Cassius' back, his hand hovered over a scar that was on his shoulder. Before putting the ointment on it, he whispered, "Can I kiss it?"

Cassius, whose heart was already beating so fast, felt his heart beat even faster. All he could do was give a weak nod.

Harry softly kissed that scar, then put the ointment over it with shaky hands. "I'm done with your back," he whispered a few seconds later, watching as Cassius turned around, now looking at the scars on his chest. "What did she do to you?" He whispered, his eyes tearing up for the boy.

A tear left Cassius' eyes as he looked at the boy in front of him, not replying.

Harry wiped the boy's tear, then started putting the ointment over the scars on his chest. Before putting it, though, he kissed the scar and then put it. He did that until he was completely done, putting the ointment away afterwards.

Cassius felt himself relax after every kiss. His eyes never moved away from Harry.

Harry looked back at the boy and bit his lip. "Thank you for trusting me."

Cassius didn't reply and stood up, grabbing the shirt from the floor and putting it on. Instead of leaving the room, he walked back and sat down on the bed again.

He put a hand on Harry's jaw, caressing the boy's cheek with his thumb. "You make me feel, Harry Potter. You made me feel so many things," he whispered to the boy, putting his other hand on Harry's other cheek.

Harry, whose face was now being held by the boy, looked into those grey eyes. "I do?" He asked quietly, afraid this moment would end.

Cassius nodded slowly. "You do." He confirmed, brushing away Harry's hair from his eyes with a finger. "Do not kiss anyone else again, Harry. You and I do have a chance together."

Harry let out a breath. "When, Cassius? When will we take that chance?"

"When I become someone you deserve." Cassius replied immediately, putting his forehead on the boy's, and closing his eyes— Harry doing the same thing.

Harry put his hands on the boy's, shaking his head a little. "You are someone I deserve."

"I do not know how to love, Harry."

"Let me show you."

Cassius opened his eyes, while Harry did the same thing again. "You can have someone much better. Why me?"

"You're the best, Cassius. When will you get that?"

"Never." He shook his head. "Because I know you're lying. I need time to be someone you can be proud of calling yours. You deserve that and I will give you that. No matter how long it takes."

"We can be better together, Cassius." Harry shot back softly. "This isn't about you trying to be better, is it?"

Cassius pulled away after a few seconds of silence, laying down on the bed, his arm propped up and his palm under his chin. Harry laid down next to him immediately.

He brushed Harry's hair away from his eyes with his finger again, acting like he wasn't noticing the fact that the boy had his eyes on him the entire time.

"It is about being better." Cassius finally answered truthfully. "But you might be right. Maybe I can be better with you."

Harry felt a small smile growing on his lips. "So?"

"So.." Cassius leaned forward, his lips mere inches away from Harry's. "I'm going to kiss you now."

"Do that," smiled Harry, closing his eyes as he felt Cassius' lips on his, kissing back immediately.

The kiss was full of months of feelings between the two. It was the one thing they both had been daydreaming about for months. It was the one thing they both had been wanting for months.

When Cassius finally pulled away after a few minutes, he didn't open his eyes as he asked, "Will you be my boyfriend, Harry Potter?"

Harry felt a huge smile on his face. "I'd love to be your boyfriend, Cassius Black."