chapter 1: alcoholics and matching

"Come onnnn!" Nick whined to us, pacing frantically across the room.

"Nick, fucking hell dude. Can we just do something chill tonight?" Matt whines back.

"That's all we ever do thoughhhh! Come on! It's gonna be 25 people, MAX, and as soon as an hour's up, it is your call on when to leave. Jay, pleasee side with me here." Nick always used me to back up his arguments, mainly because I always back up his arguments.

Matt and I lay on Chris' bed, looking at each other and communicating through our eyes.

Do you wanna go to this thing?
Eh, I don't think it could be too bad.
I'm blaming you if it turns out to be awful.
Hm...I think I'll be able to live with that.

That's how our strictly-sight conversation went. Probably.

We break eye contact and I look back at Nick just to see the idiot on his knees next to me with puppy dog eyes, begging for me to agree with him.

"Let's go." I say, breaking the silence.

"LET'S FUCKING GO FUCK YOU MATT!" Nick screeches in excitement. He holds my hands and stands me up, putting his arm around me as he makes his—or, I guess our way to the door. "Do you wanna match outfits? I wanna post us. I feel like you're not in my feed as much and I hate it." I laugh at Nick's babbling. As chaotic as it was, it always kept me sane.

As Nick opens the door, we're met with Chris, who also happened to be opening the door. The two of them look at each other, scream, and jump backwards, falling into a fit of laughter joined in by me and Matt.  We all end up laying next to each other after our very painful but hilarious laugh session dies down.

Chris nudges me. "Did we make a plan yet?" He only asked me because he knew I'd get the final say.

"Mhm!" I say with an optimistic tone, standing up off the ground. "Now get your asses up and let's go, I don't wanna be late." I reach my hand out, attempting to help up one of the boys, but instead, they all looked at each other and pulled me back to the ground, erupting and even bigger roar of laughter than before.

I could never get shit done with these 3. And I wouldn't change it for the world.

 And I wouldn't change it for the world

We get to the party at around 8:30. Me and Nick ended up matching, and I hate to be cocky but, we fucked it up.

Nick and Jay's Outfits:

As soon as we get in, we're greeted by our best friend throwing the party, Alana

I like to think of Alana as a sister, like how I think of the boys as my brothers.

"You guys made it!" She hugs us all at once, with a heavy slur in her speech. "Nick, how did you get Matt to come, you weirdo." She looks at Matt as she said that last line.

"Ok Alana, how about we go get some water? Yeah? MMMM...water!" Matt says, taking Alana away from us, leaving Chris, Nick, and me. In any other situation, I'd be pissed at Matt for taking away my sister. But this was a little different. In fact, I was actually relieved that he dragged her away.

I've always had a problem with being around heavily drunk people

I've always had a problem with being around heavily drunk people. My parents used to drink—a lot, and do—a lot, to me. Nothing awful, just your average verbal, physical, and emotional abuse alcoholic parents put onto their children!

In all seriousness though, the only people that know how bad it was for me when I still lived with my parents were all the Sturniolos. My grandma sent both of my parents to a rehab facility a few states over.

I stayed with her from ages 12-16, up until about 6 months ago when she passed. I felt like I had nowhere to go, but all the Sturniolos welcomed me to their home with open arms.

I met the boys in preschool, and ever since then, we'd been best-friends. It was just like there was a dynamic between us 4 that we just understood.

Chris walks over to a few of his buddies from lacrosse

Chris walks over to a few of his buddies from lacrosse. Mariah, who was originally standing with Alana and Matt, follows him. I notice Mariah point at me while talking to Chris. I felt embarrassed until Chris looked back at me and waved.

Me and Nick make our way to a few of our friends. Matt eventually joins us with a more sober Alana. For a minute, I was really worried that Matt had told Alana about my parents, since she'd suddenly become really quiet, but Matt gave me a reassuring look that made me feel like my secret was safe.

AHHHH I HOPE YOU GUYS ARE LIKING THIS?!?! i really like how i set it up this time, so enjoy enjoy enjoy.

• pls feel free to leave me any comments on my profile

• nick and jay are adorable their friendship is so cute

with my heart, day<3