Chapter 2

Alex POV

"Avery, where are you. I swear to god if you don't come home, I'm going to kill you myself." I say into her voicemail.

It's well after midnight, and Avery is nowhere to be found.

My mom is a hysterical mess because Avery always makes curfew, even if she's drunk or high, Tori always makes sure she's makes it home.

"Mom, she'll come home. She's just out blowing off steam." Jeri says.

"I just have a feeling something terrible has happened."

"Don't think like that, mom." I say.

Just then, my phone rings and it's Avery. I quickly answer.

"Jesus Avery, where the hell are you?"

"Is this Alex?" I hear someone say.

"Yes? Who is this?" I ask.

"My name is Mackenzie, I'm a nurse here at UCLA Medical Center. Your number was listed as the emergency contact for an Avery Morgan?"

I freeze. "Hello?"

"Yeah, sorry, hi. I'm her sister." I say.

"I'm sorry to say this, but your sister has been involved in a fatal drunk driving accident tonight, but-"

"I'm sorry. What?" I shake my head.

"Your sister was involved-"

"No I heard that part. Is she okay?" I ask and say pretty much every prayer I know that she's okay.

"She is alive. She's beat up pretty badly. Honestly I think majority of her injuries are from being twisted in the car, almost like she was trying to protect the driver from the impact. Why don't you and whoever else come down to the hospital and we can talk here." She says.

"Yeah, we're on our way."

I hang up and just stare and tears start falling down my face. "Alex. What's wrong. Where is she." Jeri asks me.

"She's. Oh god, she's in the hospital. She's alive, but beat up. Mom?"

"Yeah, honey?"

"If you say Tori was bringing her home...mom, whoever was driving, is dead most likely." I say.

"Oh my god. Okay. Let's go." My mom says.

I run upstairs and rub Serv's back. "Find her?" He mumbles.

"She's been in an accident. Need you to stay with Charlie. Milk in fridge. I'll be home as soon as I can."

His eyes widen. "Is she okay?"

I run my hand through my hair, "I have no idea. She's alive, but beat up."

"Okay. Hey. Take a breath. She'll be okay."

I nod, "Yeah. I love you. Also we need to talk. I have an idea. Its insane, but I have an idea."

He looks at me, "Yes, Avery can move in with us. But I will kill her if she brings drugs into our home."

I nod. "Same. God you read my mind. I love you." I walk over and look at Charlie sleeping, "Love you, Char."

I run down the stairs and out to the car.

We arrive to the hospital and rush in, "Hey I just spoke with a nurse about my sister who was brought in here tonight? Mackenzie was her name."

"I'll page her."

We sit down and I can't take it any longer so I start pacing.

"Family of Avery Morgan?" I look up and we walk towards the nurse.