Chapter 131: Past Life

As the night grew deeper, Ye Sui closed her eyes and went to sleep. She had a dream.

Ye Sui heard numerous footsteps outside the room. One of the guys yelled, "The Crown Prince is getting married today. None of you must slack off. This is a crucial moment, so don't make any mistakes."

Ye Sui's consciousness was a little vague. She muttered, "The big wedding? What's the big wedding? What do you mean don't make any mistakes?"

Ye Sui wanted to get up and see what was going on outside. However, someone next to her said, "The Crown Prince's imperial concubine is going to get married soon. This veil cannot be taken off."

Ye Sui wanted to ask what was happening. However, she hadn't had the chance to speak. Someone had already lifted her up.

Although she did not want to, she still followed the person.

Ye Sui realized that her current body wasn't under her control.

Perhaps, she had entered the Crown Prince's imperial concubine's dream. Since she was unable to break free, Ye Sui might as well immerse herself in it, experiencing the joy and sorrows of the Crown Prince's imperial concubine Xia Zhou.

Wearing a red veil, Ye Sui got into the carriage. The carriage slowly moved forward, and after a long journey, it finally stopped.

Since it was the Crown Prince's big wedding, the place was full of red decorations. It was a national celebration.

Ye Sui was brought to the front where the Crown Prince was standing. She clearly had never seen the Crown Prince's face before. However, her attention was directed here because of hearing these two words from other people's discussions.

Ye Sui took a glance, but the Crown Prince's face wasn't clear. Even then, she could still make out that the Crown Prince had fine features. He was an honorable and noble person.

"Bow to heaven and earth一"

"Bow to the parents—"

"Bow to each other—"

"The ceremony is over."

The ceremony ended. Starting today, she would be her wife.

Ye Sui and the Crown Prince were sent to the East Palace by the crowd. She sat on the bed, her red veil still on her while waiting for the Crown Prince behind the red gauze curtains. Everything was vague and indistinguishable, as she was covered with a red veil.

The surrounding area suddenly became quiet. After a short while, footsteps resounded, getting closer and closer.

The person stopped in front of her. Ye Sui looked down and saw a pair of black boots embroidered with golden silk python-shaped patterns.

Ye Sui knew that this person was the Crown Prince. Her heart started to beat faster.

The Crown Prince stared fixedly at Ye Sui. His gaze slowly moved down.

Then, he raised his hands. Those slender fingers neared Ye Sui, getting closer and closer. They were only a few inches away from her. In the next second, the red veil would be lifted.

Ye Sui was very nervous. Some expectations and anticipations bubbled up in her heart.

At this moment, an anxious voice suddenly came from outside. "Report—"

Someone had entered the East Palace and knelt before the Crown Prince.

The Crown Prince retreated and slowly dropped his hand. He asked in a deep voice, "What is the matter?"

The man kowtowed. With an angry and grief-stricken voice, he said, "Your Highness, the battle ahead is urgent. Our army was ambushed, and many have been wounded and are suffering from severe injuries...