"Yes ma'am." Solana nodded. She carefully laid back in Solai's hospital bed, being sure to watch the tube on Solai's face. She gently pulled the covers onto the both of them, making sure that Solai was all covered up.

~

"Can I talk to y'all?" Solana asked Heaven and Jayda, entering Jayda' kitchen. It was the next day, and she had just left the hospital from spending the night with Solai. Luckily she slipped out before Solai could wake up, but she made it her duty to go back as soon as she was freshened up.

"What's up?" Jayda replied, taking a seat at one of the bar stools.

"What's wrong? Why it look like you about to cry?" Heaven asked, already reading Solana's body language. Heaven could read Solana like a book, she knew her like the back of her hand.

"I'm scared for her." Solana replied. "I don't know, I just want her to get better." She added, with her lips trembling and voice shaking.

"What are the doctors saying?" Heaven frowned. "Come sit down." She added.

"Ms. Georgia was telling me that they wanted to diagnose her with something called failure to thrive. I don't know what that means, I just heard the word failure and automatically thought the worst." Solana sniffled.

"Failure to thrive means that she's not receiving enough calories and nutrients. Her body is basically failing to grow and gain weight. It's not a disease or disorder babe, it just basically means that she's undernourished." Jayda explained.

"Yeah, it just means that she's not gaining weight like she should. It also means that she may not grow as tall as she should. Some kids with failure to thrive have a delay with talking and learning in school." Heaven added to.

"So could that be why she's not talking?" Solana asked, wiping her face.

"It could, but I honestly doubt it. She's probably not talking from the trauma she's been through. How did Georgia say it's going with the speech therapist?" Heaven replied.

"She said Solai still doesn't say anything. She just stares at the lady. When I went yesterday she let me hold her she actually fell asleep in my arms, but she didn't say anything. She used her hands in the grabbing motions letting me know that she wanted me to pick her up." Solana responded.

"Soso, what are you going to do when she's discharged?" Jayda questioned. "Will she be thrown in the system waiting for a foster family?"

Solana played with her fingers, chewing on the inside of her cheek. "I really want her to come home with me. I want to adopt her. Is it too soon though? Will they even approve me? I'm young, but I know what I want."

"If you know what you want then go for it Lana. Start talking to Ms. Georgia about it, and ask her where should you go to start the process. Get on it before somebody else does. We don't want her getting thrown in the system and then she's bouncing around from home to home." Heaven stated. "Sign up for some of those parenting classes that they have downtown."

"Okay." Solana nodded, taking in every word that her big sisters were spewing out. "Her birthday is next month, I want to throw her a party." She said.

"We'll help. First run everything that you just said by Ms. Georgia. Start researching the adoption process and talking to her about it. Once you start the process, then we can start planning her party. How old is she turning?" Jayda spoke, watching Solana's face instantly light up.

"She's turning five. I want this birthday party to be the best day she's ever had." Solana grinned. "Ou, I have to find a theme. Okay thanks you guys. Love you." Solana said, jogging out of the kitchen.

"Our little sister really then grew up." Jayda pouted.

"I know." Heaven mumbled. "I just want everything to work out in her and Solai's favor. Trying to adopt a child is not easy Jay, and I just hope that Solana's ready to go through that field of emotions." Heaven replied.

"That's why we'll be there every step of the way Heav. If this is what she wants, she won't let anything get in her way. From the looks of it, nothing is going to stop her. They're starting to get attached to one another, and Ms. Georgia likes Solana." Jayda shrugged.

"I know Jay, I just really want everything to work out in their favor. I would hate to have to beat a judge ass." Heaven shook her head. Jayda burst out laughing at Heaven's response. Heaven had always been the fighter.

"Have you talked to Zy?" Heaven asked.

"Not really, why?" Jayda replied.

"Have you talked to Angel about the school thing?" Heaven questioned again.

"She told me that it was just a misunderstanding between her and some girl." Jayda shrugged, completely blind to the fact that her daughter was getting bullied.

Heaven sighed lowly. "Jayda it wasn't a misunderstanding, we need to have a talk. With Nevaeh and Angel right now." She stated. Jayda only frowned at the look that Heaven was giving. She was confused.

~

hello!!

let me just say this. This is my book and I'm the author! If I want to delete or unpublish a book that's what I'm going to do. I have a life outside of wattpad. Then it be the ghost readers who always want to keyboard wolf. Like go away!

anyways i just had to get that off my chest.

so Solana visited Solai after visiting hours..would y'all like longer chapters with her at the hospital?

yall think Solai developed a liking to Solana? y'all think she will say her first words soon if Solana keeps visiting? what y'all think her first words will be?

y'all think Solai will gain weight before her birthday or will she continue to fail to thrive?

Solana asked Jayda and Heaven for advice. How do y'all feel about the advice they gave her? do y'all agree with them about starting the adoption process right now?

who thinks she should wait until she's discharged?

what type of birthday theme y'all think Solana gone come up with?

last but not least, how y'all think this talk about to go with Jayda, Angel, Nevaeh, and Heaven?

vote, comment, and share!!

-Jassyout