sixteen

Heaven entered Cane's house nervous. He had some of his homies there smoking and chilling, but she was only nervous because of Cane's reaction. Zylin knew how close Cane and Heaven were so he convinced her to show him what happened.

"Cane ya sister here!" One of his mains, Keanu yelled familiar with Heaven. He pulled from his blunt and threw the dice on the floor.

Cane came from the kitchen with one of his duck toys following behind him like a lost puppy. When he saw Heaven he nodded for her to follow.

"It ain't that cold out there, take the scarf off." Cane stated. Heaven figured she could wear a scarf to cover her neck up, but it was clear her plan had backfired.

"Ca—Mane Heaven take the shit off!" He interrupted her, sending her a mug. Again, he never yelled at her on purpose but he was already mad that it even happened.

She slowly took the scarf off her neck and sat it on the table. Cane's eyes immediately went to the dark bruises on her neck. He glanced from her neck to her face.

"Joe did that?" He asked, now holding her head up, so he could get a better look.

"No Malachi. Joe helped him." Heaven mumbled.

Cane touched her neck making Heaven whimper. "That hurts." She said. He continued touching every bruise on her neck shaking his head.

"Where them niggas at? Why you call the police?" Cane asked. Now that the police were involved it would be hard to try and get Malachi and Joe back.

"I didn't. My neighbors did."

"It's gone be hard for me to try to do some since they involved." He sighed.

"Who brought you over here?" Cane asked, finally letting her go. Heaven took a seat at the bar and wrapped the scarf back around her neck.

"Zylin. The one I was telling you about." Heaven said.

Cane bit the inside of his cheek knowing he was about to piss her off. "Cut him off." He simply stated. Cane didn't trust nobody with Heaven.

"Must be crazy." Heaven scoffed.

"Ain shit, you heard what I said." Cane shrugged.

"Why?! He ain't do you shit the fuck!" Heaven said getting loud. She understood where he was coming from but she was not cutting Zylin off. Cane was overreacting in her eyes.

"Mane that's yo dumb ass problem now you trust to many people. I don't trust that nigga or any nigga that you'll ever talk to, might as well be single for the rest of life." Cane shrugged.

"Dumb bitch. That's why I didn't want to come over here in the first place." Heaven mugged, jumping down from the and rolling her eyes.

"Stupid fuck." Cane retorted.

"You stupid!" Heaven yelled, now in Cane's face.

Cane mushed her head and chuckled. "Look at you all rowdy and shit." Cane coped with his anger by making jokes, so at the moment he just wanted to laugh.

"And what the fuck is wrong with your hair? Shit all over your head." Cane frowned. Heaven's hair was everywhere, her coily curls were everywhere.

"Me and Zylin just finished fucking." She smirked. As much as she wished it was true, she knew she was lying, but she knew Cane would believe it which is why he was mugging her.

"Get out." He stated.

"Fine with me." She shrugged grabbing her purse, and skipping out of the house. Honestly arguing with Cane and making him mad always made her happy. It was like she got a rush out of it.