Chapter 16

Eunbi was watching over Areum as she plays on her dolls. Jieun left shortly after eating breakfast as she said that there is an important meeting that she's going to attend to.

Jieun said that she'll need to prepare her materials for her presentation and so she went to the company earlier than what her scheduled time of work is.

Jieun mentioned that there's food on the fridge that she already prepared and told Eunbi to just heat it up when its time for lunch.

Now its almost lunchtime and Eunbi stood up from sitting on the floor playing with Areum. "Areum-ah, Eunbi-unnie will just heat up our food, okay? Behave okay, Areum-ah?", Eunbi softly asked as the girl looked up at her, curious as to where she's going.

"Yes unnie", Areum said with a grin, nodding cutely. Eunbi couldn't resist her cuteness and had to pat her head, Areum smiling and closing her eyes, liking the pats Eunbi is giving her.

After patting the cute little girl, Eunbi went to the kitchen and looked through the fridge. Seeing a topper ware containing some kimchi jjigae, Eunbi pulled it out and closed the fridge after.

Transferring the kimchi jjigae to a pot, Eunbi turned on the stove and placed the pot with kimchi jjigae on it to heat it up. Eunbi also washed some rice and put it on the rice cooker, occasionally looking to the living room where Areum is playing.

Eunbi pulled out her phone from the pocket of her hoodie and scrolled through her notifications, mostly were from their groupchat. Opening the groupchat, Eunbi laughed at the group picture of them carrying shopping bags sent by Minju.

The thing that made Eunbi laugh is the amount of shopping bags they're carrying, it was the most she'd seen in her lifetime. Swiping to the next picture, Eunbi giggled a bit. The picture was of Yujin with two shopping bags on her arm, grinning to the camera.

The next was still the puppy but now with four shopping bags on her arms, two at each arm. With every swipe she make, the amount of shopping bags Yujin was carrying on the picture increases, the poor puppy no longer grinning, intead she was pouting at the camera.

By the last picture, Yujin was already carrying all of the shopping bags the others were carrying earlier, with Wonyoung and the others at her back laughing at her as the puppy seemed to be suffering from the heaviness of the bags.

By the time Eunbi was looking at the last picture, she was already laughing, adoring the silliness of her friends that she can feel even though she's not there and was just looking through a picture.

Remembering that she is doing something, she turned off her phone and puts it back to the pocket of her hoodie.

Looking at the pot where she heats up the kimchi jjigae, she sees that the soup was already boiling. She went towards the stove and turns it off. She placed the pot on the dining table.

While setting up the bowls and the utensils, she heard the rice cooker announce that the rice is cooked. Stopping for a moment, she walked to the rice cooker and took the lid off, smelling the scent of freshly cooked rice.

Finally finishing setting up the dining table, Eunbi walked to Areum who's still playing with her toys, laughing to herself. "Sweety, it's time to have lunch", Eunbi softly muttered looking adoringly at the little girl.

"Yes unnie", Areum said as she stood up from the floor and held Eunbi's pinky finger. "Let's clean this up later, okay? Your mother will be mad if your toys are scattered around in the living room like this", Eunbi said, receiving a nod from the younger.