##Chapter 28 Pussy

"Well, at least that's enough clothes for you alone. This is tens of thousands of bucks right here."

Joyce stared at the whole heap of stuff Renata hauled back and mumbled to herself, "You sure know how to spend more, eh? How much do these cost? Look at all the brands here..."

Renata rolled her eyes, "What do you even mean? Can't you count?"

Joyce then sat down to the side and sighed, "This doesn't have to do with counting anymore. A single look of that heap of stuff is enough to tell me the fortune it costs."

Renata smirked, "I think you should know that I'm about to be the wife of Genui executive. This is but a breeze for me now."

"The wife of Genui executive?

Now, that's something," Joyce thought.

"For real?" Joyce then put away her attitude and looked at Renata with much expectation.

Renata looked at the great heap on the ground, rolled her eyes, and turned to Joyce, "I'll try my best, of course. This is but a puny investment for that."

She then rocked all the bags in Joyce's face and headed upstairs.

As Joyce watched her go, she started to smile.

"Why is it salmon again?"

"Well... I thought you loved salmon."

Nathan then served her a fat salmon fillet to reward her for studying hard all day.

Sharon looked at Nathan and thought," He's quite thoughtful. Makes a good husband.

Wait. Husband?

What was that all about? Just dig in."

She shook her head and started with her salmon.

"This place is pretty nice. I'm loving the job as well,"

Sharon smiled at him and said. Nathan replied with a smile and kept looking at her.

"So?"

He knew Sharon wasn't known for praising others at will.

"So I think we should celebrate that. I'll cook for you tonight."

Nathan nodded. Sure enough, that was the easiest celebration and the most straightforward.

"Sure... Let's go get some groceries after work, then."

The two then started with their lunch. Their food even felt better.

It was when Ansel was busy with his shooting when Rachel suddenly called. He saw the name on his screen and smiled. She sure was lovely and all, but she was always way too quick with her words.

"Yeah?"

"Got time this afternoon?"

Ansel glanced around. He should have no more casting for the afternoon.

"What about it?"

"I'm trying to get you to hang out. I haven't seen you or my brother for ages."

Rachel thought of Ansel as she went listless on her Bentley.

"With you? We'd better get your brother just as well."

"You call him, then. He'll turn me down without a second thought,"

Rachel replied with a sigh and kept tapping on the steering wheel.

"You know the spot, then."

As she hung up, Rachel started to smile and felt alive again.

Meanwhile, at Genui Group.

As Nathan got to his office, he got a call from Ansel.

"Yo, Ansel."

"Your sister's asking to hang out this afternoon. Come along and bring your wife."

Nathan tapped his fingers on his desk and looked at Sharon busy with all her files in the camera.

Nathan hesitated, "I'm kind of in the middle of something here. Why don't you go with her, and we'll join you for a dinner?"

"Well... that works as well."

"Thanks, mate. Rachel sure has got endless energy."

"Yeah. That'll be quite an afternoon waiting for me."

Nathan couldn't help laughing. Rachel loved sticking around Ansel, so he was but giving Ansel a chance.

Ansel, on the other hand, shook his head and sighed.

"Alright. Come to my place for dinner. That'll treat you well for walking her."

As Nathan talked on the phone, he still couldn't keep his eyes off the monitor.

"That's more like it. You have absolutely no idea how tiring she can get."

"Now that's annoying. Why would Nathan ever help Sharon?"

Gavin started telling Cliff all about what had happened that day as he got home from the hospital.

Gavin was furious as he talked. He slammed on the table,

"That was a good one, Nathan. Mark my words. You're gonna pay for what you have done to the Todd family."

Cliff watched Gavin quietly, not knowing what to say.

"We never could match up the Genui in the first place, you know. They're more than ten times stronger than us. Let's..."

Cliff used up all his courage mid-sentence and lowered his head again.

Gavin walked over to Cliff, "Are you letting this go, you pussy? They beat us up!"

Of course, Cliff couldn't let go of this just as well. It was only that he was too timid to stand up for himself.

"I sure want to fight back, but what have we got against Genui? They could crush our entire Todd Group if they wanted to, you see,"

Cliff almost muttered that out, but Gavin could hear every word.

"You can't even handle your own girlfriend. I'd even beat you up should you not be a Todd, you chicken,"

Gavin clenched his fist as if trying his best to hold back from beating Cliff up.

Cliff then refrained from adding anything more and kept his head down.

"They don't get to beat you up for free, Cliff. They're not getting away from this. I'll fight them back for you,"

Gavin said so with great anger as he stepped out of the living room.

Cliff watched him go and let out a sigh of relief. He started muttering again, "We don't have anything to fight back, though. This is courting death."

A dull pain came from his leg again, which got him groaning.

Meanwhile, at Genui Group.

Mirror VengeanceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara