16

╰┈➤ ❝ N O A H  A N D  A U R O R A ❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

How unfair, it's just our luck

Found something real that's out of touch

[Not About Angels - Birdy]

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

< Isabel >

After I had eaten, I shrugged on a cardigan and putting my wand in my waistband, left for the Headmistress' office. The hallways echoed with my soft footfall. Dinner had ended and everyone had already gone to their common rooms as it was nearing curfew. I stepped in front of the gargoyle statue and realised that McGonagall hadn't given me the password to enter. I looked around the torchlit corridor pondering on what to do when I heard a low rumbling and turned towards the gargoyle that had rotated to unveil a spiral staircase leading up to the office. As I raised my hand to knock on the door, it swung open to reveal the gold-accented office. Professor McGonagall herself was perched behind her desk, smiling at me and gesturing for me to come in. I hesitantly stepped in, watching the heavy door close shut behind me and sat down on the cushioned chair in front of her.

"Evening Miss Montgomery. How are you?"

"I'm as good as I can be, thank you, Professor."

"When Madam Pomfrey informed me of your hospital admission, I knew that I had to tell you as soon as I could before things can get worse."

I felt my stomach clench with nerves. She waved her wand in the air and a picture floated in the air in front of me. There was a girl and boy who looked around 15 years old both wearing Hufflepuff uniforms. They were smiling and laughing in the picture in the Hufflepuff common room by the looks of it. But why was McGonagall showing me this?

"This, Isabel, is Noah LaBelle and Aurora Adair, who later became a LaBelle. They were students here at Hogwarts between 1971 and 1978 and as you can see, both Hufflepuffs too." Another image appeared of a group of five boys. "Noah was good friends with James Potter, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black and Peter Pettigrew, who I'm sure you are very familiar with." The image changed to a group of girls. "Aurora was good friends with Lily Evans, or Potter, Alice Fortescue, or Longbottom and Marlene McKinnon. The girls and boys were close groups since their first year at Hogwarts." The picture changed to one of the two groups throwing their hats in the air. "Both groups graduated Hogwarts together and stayed close even after their time here. Noah and Aurora grew close romantically and were dating by the time they graduated. Lily and James started dating around the same time too. They got married a few years after they left Hogwarts."

I took a deep breath at the overload of information. Why was she telling me this?

The picture changed to a large group of people where I could spot Hagrid and Dumbledore. "This is the original Order of the Phoenix – a secret society formed by Professor Dumbledore during the First Wizarding War to fight Voldemort. Noah, Aurora, and their friends all joined the society and fought against the deatheaters. Aurora found she was pregnant with a baby girl during the war so wasn't capable to fight. During missions, she stayed at home to aid with injuries and plans instead. One night, when the Order stormed a deatheater gathering, Noah stayed home with Aurora who was due to give birth in a matter of weeks. Voldemort was one step ahead of us. He knew, through Peter Pettigrew, of the Order's mission plan and set up a trap. He broke into the headquarters of the Order and captured Noah and Aurora."