15

╰┈➤ ❝ Y O U ' R E  T H E  R E A S O N ❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

And am I human?

Or am I something else?

'Cause I'm so scared and there's no one there

To save me from the nightmare that I call myself

[Broken - Anson Seabra]

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

< Isabel >

"She'll be okay, Theo, she'll be okay."

My eyes slowly fluttered open. I looked around the sterile-smelling, whitewashed room. I blinked, taking in my surroundings. I felt someone's hand in mine and squeezed it as a sharp pain pierced through my head.

"Isabel!"

I scrunched my eyes up, my hands flying up to my head in an attempt to soothe the lingering pain.

"Belle, bubs, have some water." I opened my eyes to be met with warm, chestnut eyes belonging to Theodore. He helped me sit up, placing a pillow against the wall for me to lean on, and held a glass of cold water to my lips. The cold liquid slipped down my throat, refreshing me. As he put the glass back down, I glanced around the room, my eyes meeting Draco's, who was sitting on a chair at the foot of the bed I was on. He gave me a small, reassuring smile, but concern still flooded his irises.

"Theo? What happened? Why am I here?" I croaked.

"You don't remember?" I shook my head, "I don't know exactly what happened but when you went back to your dorm, I followed after you to make sure you were okay. Iz, I found you on your bathroom floor shaking and nodding in and out of consciousness. You've been here since last night."

"What time is it now?"

"Nearly lunch."

Memories of last night came flooding back to me at once.

"You and your kind destroyed this place and everyone in it."

"You're the reason the school was destroyed and so many lives were lost."

"You're the reason Dumbledore is dead."

"You're the reason Cedric is dead."

"Isabel, do you want to tell us what happened?" Draco said. I shook my head almost too quick.

Thankfully, we were interrupted by Madam Pomfrey who had only just noticed I was awake.

"Oh, you're awake!" she said, busying herself with vials and pills on my bedside table, "how are you feeling, Isabel?"

"My head hurts a little, and my throat," I answered, "Madam Pomfrey, what happened to me?"

"You had a panic attack, dear," she said, "and quite a severe one at that. You were having trouble breathing when Mr Nott here brought you in. Any later and I can't even begin to fathom what could've happened."

Theo rubbed my hand comfortingly.

"Here, some tonic to help with your head and throat." She handed me a small vial of slightly shimmery blue liquid. I gulped it down and leaned back against the pillow, feeling the effects of the potion almost instantly.