13

╰┈➤ ❝ A L O N E ❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

And everything is not the same now

It feels like all our lives have changed

[Lonely - Justin Bieber + benny blanco]

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

< Isabel >

I rested my back against the tree bark, pulling my collar up higher to contain my body heat. I closed my eyes and focused on the sound of the wind blowing through the leaves and the quiet ripples of the Black Lake ahead of me. Behind me, I could make out the distant chatter of my classmates enjoying their free period, but I preferred the tranquillity of the lakeside. No one would disturb me here because they're either in lessons or disgusted by me to even come near me.

Yep, that still hurts. The fact that I'm a nobody in this school. I used to be that lively and happy Hufflepuff student who had a great circle of friends and didn't have any high school or relationship drama like everyone else. But, of course, ever since the battle, everything's changed along with that decent reputation I had.

You probably think I'm petty or whatever for getting upset over having no friends, but loneliness has never been my preference (except for times like this when I wanted to be alone to think, I guess).

I entered the DADA classroom, bickering with Nat about whether Lupin, the new teacher, was going to be another flop like our previous teachers in this subject.

"Nat, I'm telling you," I argued, "he isn't bad. He made the dementors go away on the train, remember?"

"So? Anyone can do that."

"Yeah, no, I don't think our almighty and wise Professor Lockhart could manage it."

We both laughed and took our usual seats at the front corner desk, awaiting the arrival of Lupin. As the class filed in, I couldn't help but frown slightly at the sling around Malfoy's arm. I mentally facepalmed; he's such an attention seeker. It was just a scratch and he's playing it out as if he had his arm ripped off. He clearly loved being the centre of attention.

I brought my attention back to the front of the class where Lupin was standing. Closer up, he looked almost exhausted – he had scars on his face and peeking from the collar on his neck, his cardigan was worn and in need of replacement; his hair messily brushed on his head. But nevertheless, I smiled up at the man who I believed to be different from our previous DADA teachers consisting of a sly minx who fooled us all with his innocent façade but all along had You-Know-Who himself hidden under his turban and another who was a self-centred, fraudulent celebrity.

"Good morning, third years!" Lupin greeted, to which we greeted back, "I am Professor Lupin and I'll be your Defence Against The Dark Arts teacher this year. It's nice to see you all prepared with your books but you won't need them today as we are doing a practical lesson. If you would like to follow me."

We followed Lupin out of the room and into an empty, except for an old cupboard, classroom. We gathered around the Professor waiting for his instructions. A loud rattle came from the cupboard making most of us jump in fear.

"Intriguing, isn't it?" Lupin said, whilst circling us, "would anyone like to venture a guess as to what's inside?"

"That's a boggart that is," Dean said.