George Russell; Angel Eyes.

Start from the beginning

George didn't even realise he was dumped until he returned home after the race, seeing half of the drawers and wardrobe empty, key on the side. He silently mourned what happened, realising how useless he was as a parter, as a coworker, feeling angry at himself, at Jost, anything and everything. (Y/N) had left Wantage completely, moving to Windsor, reconnecting and rebuilding her friendship with Claire, feeling like she had a big sister who she could be supported by. Frank took her in as his own granddaughter, and when he passed away, the pair mourned and stuck together, Claire's son even called her Auntie (Y/N), everyone who didn't know who (Y/N) was thought that she was Claire's cousin. 

Before Frank passed away, Claire, him and (Y/N) had conversations about love and respect, (Y/N) laughing softly as she mentioned that she fell into a trap. "Look into his angel eyes, my friend said, one look and I was hypnotised, and then I had to pay the price." She said disgruntled, feeling Frank's hand hold hers. 

"You'll find a good man, one day. It takes time, you're young." He sagely offered, the hand moving to her cheek. "Don't waste tears of men who don't deserve it."

"Thank you, Grandpa." She mumbled, resting into his touch as he grinned at him calling her grandpa, a request he had for her from their first reconnection.

Thankful they had all made it through 2021, they were invited to the Silverstone GP with VIP passes, a good will gesture from Aston Martin after Frank's passing, Lawrence and Mike deciding company with experience would be welcomed. They arrived and walked into the paddock, immediately, Nicholas Latifi saw (Y/N) and ran over to her and Claire, hugging them tightly. "It's not been the same without you both, I am so happy to see you back!" The Canadian crooned, pulling away as his hands rested on his shoulders. 

Sebastian was leaving the AM hospitality and spotted them, running over and tackling (Y/N). "Well, she is finally back home!" He exclaimed, feeling her arms wrap around his body, squeezing him tightly and they tumbled slightly. 

"Hello again, Seb!" She said, feeling the love from the Paddock dad. "It's so nice to see you again, my friend." Seb pulled away and grinned at her, soon hugging Claire tightly after she questioned why she wasn't first jokingly. Nicky took his leave as he saw George heading in, looking at Seb, giving him a red alert look.

"I am sorry to hear about Frank, he was a good man, and I know he loved you both very much." Seb offered his condolences, taking one of their hands in each of his, gently guiding them towards the AM hospitality. George was entering the paddock as this was all happening, shocked to see the familiar face of the woman who he neglected. Nicky came over and nudged him, knowing he saw what was happening, and walked him along to the Mercedes unit. "Did you know sh--they were coming?" He asked, the Canadian just nodded, feeling hurt that his friend didn't tell him. 

"George, man, you're my friend, but she is too, and she was hurt by you." Nick reminded him, not to make him feel guilty, but realise his decision. "I'm gonna protect her because she needs it." And with that, George was called into the Merc hospitality by Toto, pulling him away from his daydreaming. 

Lawrence and Mike greeted their guests with enthusiasm, seeing Seb look like he was on cloud nine made it all worth it. "Well," Mike began. "Please feel free to go around wherever you want in here, but don't touch a wing, Lawrence might get a little unhappy!" He joked, seeing Lawrence nod in agreement. Seb walked (Y/N) around, Claire was more than happy to be discussing business with those in the know. 

"So, have you thought about coming back?" Seb asked as they wandered to the pit wall, each taking a seat so they could talk privately. 

"I have, many times, but after Grandpa-- Sorry, Frank, passed away, being with Claire, her husband and her son... It all became more important to be there with them. I'm even Auntie (Y/N) to her little boy..." She held a few tears back, Seb gently rubbed her arm to comfort her.