Daniel Ricciardo; Money, Money, Money.

Start from the beginning

Dan was pacing about the plane by that point, all the guys softly chuckling at his behaviour. "Mate, settle down, you'll end up putting a hole to the hold!" Charles said, guiding Daniel back to his seat.
The Aussie gents just stared at one another, Dan giving up and dropping his head with a sigh.

"I hate you, Italiano."

(Y/N) had just been in the research lab, doing molecular level research on the compounds of the rocks and carbon dating to really get into the dirty work, when Michael called. She had a soft grin on her face when she asked about Daniel, containing her excitement. When the phone call cut out, her colleagues came back from their coffee run.

"Iced tea for the prisoner!" Kacey, a local Las Vegas resident, announced, plonking the Starbucks cup on the desk beside her. Her other coworker, Julia, a first year research fellow from Montreal, noticed the soft smile and smirked.

"You look happy, was it a man?"

(Y/N) laughed, taking a sip of her peach and hibiscus iced tea. "My brother is on his way over with the driver I've told you girls about," her eyes returned to the microscope as she spoke. "I haven't seen them for a while, so I'm excited."

Kacey grabbed her shoulders, forcing her from the microscope and into the back of the chair, wheeling (Y/N) across the room to an empty desk, Julia following. "Is this the Aussie guy? The one with the big nose and the pearly whites?" She asked, the blushing on (Y/N)'s (S/T) skin giving the game away.

"A man like that is hard to find!" Julia piped up, sitting in a vacant chair next her friend. "But it's been like, three years since then, he's probably over it." Her words were meant to be encouraging, but came off sarky and hurtful.

"But I can't get him off my mind!" (Y/N) said, the frustration being the main emotion, until a pitiful laugh came out. "Ain't it sad?"

Kacey sighed, taking a swig of her salted caramel iced black coffee. "You still like him, why not shoot your shot when he's here?"

"And if he happens to be free, I bet he wouldn't fancy me!" The young Aussie woman groaned, her head falling into her hands. "We didn't work because of distance, and I can't hurt myself loving him again." She firmly stated, although her eyes were filled with the memories of that wonderful, hot, sweaty summer.

"Look, I know you have a week and more off doing nothing starting tomorrow," Julia started, seeing a pair of (E/C) eyes look in her direction through open hands. "Spend that time with your brother, and with him, and their friends, and just have fun. Be their tour guide!"

(Y/N) took some time mull over Julia's suggestion, biting at her bottom lip as she did so. "Well, it would be nice to get to know the other guys. I hear one of them is French and single, if the tabloid is anything to go by..."

Kacey cackled, snapping her fingers as mild applause. "It's half four, let's knock it on the head and head to the strip, and get (Y/N) her Princess Diana revenge dress!"
The trio cheered as they finished the pep talk, rushing out the office door after shutting off everything and locking up, rushing to get a taxi to the strip.

Friday quickly rolled around, (Y/N) had found out where they were all staying through Michael, and opted for a casual outfit; monochromatic, simple, stylish. The opposite of Vegas. The boys were at the Bellagio Hotel and Casino, their paycheques allowing them such nicities.
Dan didn't realise why Michael was starting to rush them to the lift, only to abandon them and sprint down the stairs. He beat the lift, his personal joy mounds after that seeing his sister. He sprinted over to her and tackled her, a loud laugh echoed through the marble lobby as they clung to one another.

"God, I've missed you so much, (N/N)!" Michael nearly sobbed, with it being almost a year on from seeing one another. (Y/N) just nodded as she wrapped her legs around his waist and clung on like a koala, head buried in his neck as they shared their moment. They split as the lift dinged, seeing plenty of people file out, but some signature curls were visible above heads in front.