"Old enough for a booze," Y/N retorts, her expression annoyed. "How old are you?"

I know she just wanted to know my age. Ignoring her pose, I head towards the pub, thirsty for a drink. The shop is open, with a neon-lit purple rooftop that's got a slanted edge to it.

The layout of the shop inside reminds me of Bangtan's Bakery. On cue, I take my phone out, typing a quick message in the group chat.

We're safe. Getting food. How is bea?

It was read the moment I sent it. Three dots appear, indicating Jimin's typing. The moron who has been calling me nonstop.

She's good Jungkook-ah. Take Y/N on a date. She's leaving tmr.

That's right. We're finally going to drop Y/N home. 

For the briefest moment, I considered it, but when I feel her tailing behind me, I slip my phone back into my pocket, dismissing Jimin's text. The cashier looks up from filing her nails, her gaze lingering on my face as we walk in.

I am in no position to take Y/N on a date. Sitting next to a table by the window, I take my suit off and fling it on the chair next to me. Discomfort alleviates my shoulders, but I still feel stiff.

There's dry blood on my black undershirt that darkens a part of the fabric. Y/N sits in the seat opposite of me, her gaze fixed on a street dog outside. Strands of her curly hair stick to her sweaty temple.

She turns to me. "Can I ask you something?"

Her tone is hustled like she's been wanting to ask me this for a while. I narrowed my eyes at her. "If I say no, you're going to ask me anyway, aren't you?"

At my response, she rolls her eyes, bringing her chair closer to me before leaning in. "Have we-I don't know- met before?"

I avert my gaze out the window, staring at how the stray dog outside nibbles on the tires of my motorbike. "We haven't. Would it matter if we had?"

She leans back, not satisfied with my response. "You see, my memory is kinda ass. A little spark would help."

"No shit," I confirm, feeling the tips of my tendon fingers tense. Just then, the cashier approaches us but before I can babble two dishes off the menu, Y/N beats me to it.

"Bulgogi, tteokbokki, side of kimchi, kimbab. Three bottles of soju. Jungkook?"

I gawk at the girl in disbelief. "We're not sharing all that?"

A grimace before anger flashes across her face. "I haven't eaten shit for a whole day. If you're concerned about money, don't fret. It's on me."

I try not to laugh. Who wouldn't, if they're the CEO of the greatest selling company in all of Korea? I want to rub the fact into her face but I say nothing.

The cashier pauses, and sends me a sweet smile, before scratching something on her notepad. "Anything for you, sir?"

I read my favorite dish off the menu but she doesn't hear me-or pretends not to since I spoke it perfectly loud. She leans in, making her top glide off her chest, exposing her cleavage to my face.

The scent of cheap flowers hits my nose so hard, that I have to look away from her with a sigh, not missing the flirtatious way she bats her eyelashes at me. "One serving of samgyeopsal," I repeat, tone clipped.

"Oh and don't forget water," Y/N pipes in, staring down at the cashier. "Judging from how thirsty you look, I suppose you might need it."

The cashier's cheeks go red, before she looks away from me, strolling towards the kitchen with a limp.