3.) Another Terrible Day

ONE MONTH LATER

  "Can everyone shut up for like two seconds?" Hunter yells right before I walk into the room. I put my back to the wall, ready to listen in.

  "We're just talking about-"

  "I know what you're talking about. And I don't want to hear it. Titan, I hate Y/N! That's right, I said it!" He shouts.

  "No!" Steve yells.

  "No way." Severine shakes her head.

  "I do! I hate them!" He smacks his hand on the table.

  "Why?" The Captain asks.

  "I just don't get it! It makes no sense how a mediocre fighter from a different dimension puts on a silly little show and is suddenly the brightest jewel in the Emperor's cupboard." He rants. "She's nothing special but oh no! The 'great' Golden Guard!"

  "How can you say that, dude?" Steve asks. "Y/N  is a genius!"

  "She's fooling all of you! If you consider that genius, then that's your bad."

  "But they're absolutely brilliant. Every action she makes is so precise! And she can play and write really well. She captures my soul!" Steve says dramatically.

  "You should hate Y/N!" He groans.

  "Well we don't, we wanna be like them!" Severine agrees.

  "You're all so blinded by the bard! She's a jerk and none of you can see it."

  "Everyone is saying that they're the greatest Guard that we've ever known! You're just jealous, Hunter." Steve laughs and that's when I finally step into the room and start walking up behind him.

  "That's another thing! People prattle on about their great accomplishments. She's the poster child for why no one should ever procreate." He yells and everyone goes silent.

  "Really? Thanks, man." I elbow him with a big smile. "You must be a real fan if you already hate me and we've barely talked."

  "Whatever, I'm going to my room." He grumbles and starts to walk away.

  "I'll come with you, I forgot something," I smirk.

  "Shove off, don't you have anything better to do than bother me?"

  "My days are so busy now but I'm sure you know that. There's so much I gotta do! Lunches, meetings, and interviews, you know how it is. This job is hard, dude. I mean, I make it look easy but it's hard. Honestly, I don't know how I do it. There's only so much of me to go around. It's hard to do something as good as the last thing I did that was already perfect." I mess with him as we arrive at our rooms.

  "Stop following me." He says before slamming the door right in my face. I open my door and walk straight to the door that connects our rooms.

  "Hey, dude!" I say, faker than ever, after opening the door.

  "What is your problem?" He asks as I walk over to his bed. I plop down on it and lay down before he can say anything.

  "I just wanted to see my new best friend." I fake my smile.

  "We aren't friends."

  "We're like...a tag team now." I shrug.

  "What?" He says more confused.

  "We're gonna be together forever. You and me for the rest of time! I'm never gonna be alone again." I keep messing with him and it's totally working.