Chapter 36: What Am I Supposed To Say To That

Midoriya stood smugly, watching most of his classmates faces twist in confusion. His friends sat staring at him; well Hagakure was staring at him. Kaminari was staring just beside him, seeing as he could only judge where he was by where he heard his voice.

The room was completely silent, until laughter was heard from two of the desks. Hagakure and Kaminari laughed so hard they nearly fell out of their seats. Now everyone was switching their gazes between the front of the classroom, Hagakures desk, and Kaminaris desk.

Once Hagakure caught her breath, she looked right at her invisible friend.

"You said it so casually! I just- how do- how do you expect someone to react to that?" She caught herself laughing throughout the sentence.

"Ah, so this was a joke, okay. I get it- the whole 'Poltergeist' quirk thing," Kirishima said, awkwardly laughing, looking over at his electric blonde friend who had started laughing more when he said that.

The class was giving at four of them weird looks. Well trying to, it's hard to give Midoriya any sort of look if you aren't Hagakure.

One student in particular had gone a little pale when he heard the name his classmate had used. This student was the only one Midoriya had really been looking for a reaction from. He was not disappointed by the reaction he got, nor was it unexpected. This was exactly what he was hopping for, and it just kept getting better and better.

"What did you just say?" His childhood friend turned bully, Katsuki Bakugo, said, looking at the front of the room. The class had gone almost silent at this, only a few snickers could be heard from Kaminari.

"I think you know exactly what I said-" He walked over to Bakugos desk, getting close to his ear.

"-Kacchan." He whispered. Revenge truly was sweet. Midoriya really understood this when Bakugo started to look a little sickly at the nickname.

He backed up to the front of the room again, to see most of his classmates looking at Bakugo confused, even a little scared. He looked absolutely terrified. Pale skin, mouth hung open in surprise, hands gripping the desk so hard his knuckles turned white and fingers started shaking slightly.

This wasn't the way they were used to their explosive classmate acting, ever. He always seemed confident and arrogant. Now they were even more scared. Even Kaminari and Hagakure looked a little confused.

A sinister smile crept onto Midoriyas face. It was obvious- to the one person who could see him- that he was enjoying this quite a bit. The invisible girl only wondered what Midoriya did to make their loud classmate so scared.

"You- you fucking- you what? How? Aren't you-? Deku?" He finally stuttered out with a look of utter confusion and disbelief. Now the rest of the class looked at him even more confused.

'Deku?'

'They know each other?'

'What?'

'I'm so lost, I thought this was a joke?'

There were many things going through the classes heard right now. At this point, everyone exept midoriya was completely lost. Midoriya was loving all the chaos and confusion he was creating. He barely needed to say anything and the whole place was in shambles.

"Now that's not very nice, is it? I thought we were past mean nicknames." Midoriya taunted. If he'd have told his middle school self he was going to be taunting his bully, the Bakugo Katsuki, he'd probably have started crying to be honest. He might have laughed, but the thought was so terrible back then, even if it was a joke the mental image would give him nightmares for a few days.

"What the hell? You're lying! Dekus dead! I watched him die!" He shouted, rage filling him, as it usually does, in a moments notice.

"Did you not hear me? I said I was dead. I'm a ghost. Why do you think you can't see me?" Midoriya questioned, starting to get a little ticked off at the constant shouting.

"That's not real! You're lying, you stupid fuck! Ghosts aren't real!" He yelled even louder than before. It seemed Midoriya wasn't the only one getting ticked off. The class was silently watching the fight, completely out of the loop.

"They used a god damn lie detector quirk on me! I think everyone would know if I was lying!" Midoriya yelled back, wondering why the hell he used to put up with this man's bullshit.

"I wasn't there, so it doesn't fucking count!" Midoriya was so fucking done.

Suddenly there was a person in front of Bakugos desk. Short with green hair and a large amount of freckles. He boy grabbed Bakugos collar and pulled him closer so he could glare at him eye to eye without having to lean forward.

"If you don't fucking believe me, I'll make you."

AN: Hi you beautiful losers! Sorry this is a little shorter. I'm on a trip rn so I'm just glad I can still stay on schedule. I hope these reactions were good enough, though I would've liked to go a little more into the rest of the classes, I'm kinda tired so I'll do that next time. I kinda just realized how long this story is. I mean it's not like crazy long, but I wasn't expecting it to be more than like 15 chapters. I figured I wouldn't have enough story to tell or a long enough attention span, but here I am ig. It's kinda slow, so I'm sorry, but I don't have an ending yet, so I'm just gonna keep going with it until I find something. Anyways, thanks for reading! Have a great day or night or whatever!

Where is your favorite place to sleep? (Bed, floor, couch, etc.)

Words: 967