Chapter 4: Last Day Alive

TW: Suicidal Thoughts, Suicide, Swearing, Bullying

Midoriya woke up the next morning, rolling on his back. He stared at the ceiling, trying wake up his senses.

'Oh yeah. I'm dying today.' He thought, remembering his decisions yesterday. He got out of bed, checking the time.

'6:30? Why the fuck did I wake up before my alarm? Well, today is going to be a busy day.' He sighed, deciding to take a shower.

'I wouldn't want my corpse to smell. That would be rude.' He thought sarcasticly.

He turned on the shower, locking the bathroom door. Even if he knew there was no one at home with him, it was always one of the habits he just couldn't get out of. It didn't matter much anyways.

After his shower he went to his closet in his towel. He looked at his uniform, burn marks clearly present. It's not like his mother would buy him a new one.

He put his pants on before taking the undershirt and tucking it in. He looked at the blazer before deciding to leave the top button undone.

'I think I've been choked enough for the week, thank you.'

He put it on, letting himself breathe. He walked to the front hallway, putting on his shoes. Grabbing his backpack, he opened the door, letting himself off.

He walked to school, exited for the end of the day. It was a sort of bittersweet happiness. He was really going to be dead by the end of the day. It was something to look forward to and fear at the same time.

'I still have to deal with school for the day. All those people and I can't think of a single one I like.' He rolled his eyes at the thought of what he would have to go through for what he did yesterday.

'He'll be mad I smiled when he was trying to insult me. Whatever. I've dealt with it since I was 4, I can take one more day.' He looked at the ground, thinking bitterly about the past ten years.

'Well, none of that will matter after today!' He thought, happy to finally get away from the torture he went though as a child.

'Now onto the real problem, are ghosts real? If they are, will I be a ghost? What can ghosts even do? Can they touch things? Poltergeist. Can people  hear them? Banshee. Can I play pranks on people? Poltergeist again. Can I go anywhere? Depends on what ghost I am I guess.' He didn't notice started mumbling, until it got louder than his tornado of thoughts. He quickly stopped himself.

'Thank God no one's here. It would be pretty awkward trying to explain what I was thinking about.' He thought, looking up.

He arrived at his school, walking through the gates. He headed to his classroom, ignore all the other people in the hallway. He arrived at the empty room.

Sitting at his desk, he took out his notebook. He couldn't really draw, so he settled for simply shading the different lines of the paper. He eventually had to sharpen his pencil, starting to run out of lead. He repeated his process of shading and sharpening for a few more minutes before people started to file in. He ignored them for a few minutes until Bakugo came in, shoving past people and stomping.

'Great. I have to deal with the overgrown toddler today of all days.' He rolled his eyes at the thought.

Instead of annoying Midoriya however, Bakugo went straight to his desk, not even throwing a glance at him. Midoriya thought this was weird, seeing as he had angered him yesterday, but was still greatful for it. He continued to shade until the teacher came in.