THIRTY-FOUR | Staring At Me

Start from the beginning

"Quick question. Are you a lesbian?"

I shrug, "Nope. But I did like kissing you."

"Same. Well, I'm not a lesbian but I liked kissing you too."

I let out a small laugh, "Do best friends kiss?"

She nods, "Yeah. I've seen girls at our school kiss. Also, when are you coming back to school?"

"I'll come back when you come back from Russia."

"Good because I can't deal with your brothers anymore."

"Me neither. They keep slapping each other now."

She quietly laughs, "I bet they fight like girls."

"They do," I softly tell her.

Then we go silent. But not an awkward silence. A comfortable silence. I hear her soft breaths and her calm heartbeat. I close my eyes and wrap my arms around her.

✩ ✩ ✩

I wake up, confused. Artemis is gone. I look around the room and then get up. I check my bathroom and my closet but I can't find her anywhere.

She must have left. I go back to my bed and feel the spot of where she was and it's cold. She left ages ago.

I sigh, I hope she's having a good time with her family in Russia.

Sitting down on the bed, I place my hands on my lap. The sun is out, and my room looks more alive. I don't know who cleaned my room when I got angry but I would like to thank them. I was planning to clean it myself but it was already too late when I came back home.

I jump when I hear music being blasted so loud.

Who the hell is blasting Taylor swift at this time? I grab my phone and check the time. Fuck. It's only nine in the morning.

My door barges open and Ares walks in with a speaker. "Get your ass downstairs! It's time for breakfast!" He shouts over the music and leaves, slamming the door shut behind me. The music fades away when I hear him go into Dom's room.

What the fuck... Why am I even surprised? It's Ares.

Sighing, I get up and get ready to go downstairs. My face is normally so puffy when I wake up. So that's great. Once I'm done, I put on my fluffy comfy slippers. Ooo. I love these slippers.

I leave my room and I see Dom walking out of his with messy hair and tired eyes. I guess Ares woke him up.

I hear a loud crash from Marcello's room. And then Ares screams. My eyes widen and I run to Marcello's room. I open the door and find Ares on the floor holding his speaker which is in pieces.

Oh.

Marcello scowls at Ares, "Don't ever try to wake me up like that again."

"You weren't even sleeping, you shitty robot!" Ares cries.

"For the last time, I am not a robot— Oh hello Athena."

I smile at Marcello, "Hi Marcello."

"Athena do something! He just broke my speaker!"

I mean you don't go barging into people's rooms, blasting music but I guess that's the new normal now.

I sigh. "Marcello, did you really have to break his speaker?" I ask him.

He nods, "Yes I did."

"No, you didn't!" Ares shouts.

"What is the meaning of this?"