TWENTY-THREE | Disappointed

ATHENA RUSSO:

ATHENA RUSSO:

I walk out of the hospital with a grin on my face. I'm so glad they've discharged me. The food there was shit. And even Ares agrees.

Ares links his arm with mine and looks down at me, "When we get home do you want to sneak out?"

My eyes widen, "Sneak out?!" He looks behind him making sure Elijah didn't hear since he's walking behind us.

"Fucking hell Athena. You do know what whispering is, right?"

I huff, "Yes I do, actually."

"Well what I meant by sneaking out is to go get some food from the grocery store," he says, flicking my forehead.

I glare at him. "I don't know what your sudden obsession with flicking my forehead comes from but you need to stop before you bruise it," I say.

He gives me a goofy smile, "But it's so fun!"

"Well, it hurts!" I protest.

He huffs, "Fine. I'll flick your forehead, gently." I give him a blank stare. Is he being serious right now? "We're not sneaking out. I've just been discharged from the hospital," I tell him.

We make it to the car and he opens the door for me. I thank him and get in. Thankfully I can sit by the window. Ares gets in.

We're about to continue our conversation but then I realize Elijah isn't here.

"Where did Elijah go?" I ask, looking around. Ares shrugs, "I don't know. Maybe he's got superpowers and disappeared."

I hum, "Maybe."

Ares opens his mouth to call for Elijah but a voice makes us scream.

"I'm right here you idiots."

I clutch my chest as I look at Elijah who's calmly sitting in the driver's seat. My heart pounds against my chest and I take a deep breath to try and calm myself down.

"Since when did you get here?" Ares shrieks.

Elijah looks at us like we're stupid, "You didn't see me walking past you?"

Me and Ares look at each other. "I think you were right Ares, he does have superpowers. He can teleport." Ares has a proud look on his face, "I'm always right." I shake my head with a smile.

✩ ✩ ✩

Now I don't know if I should choose to give my brothers the silent treatment or just forget it.

"I think you should give them the silent treatment," Ares advises as we walk into the house. Can he read my mind? Okay. I'm not going to ask him if he will start thinking he's got superpowers too.

I look at him, "Really?"

He nods, "They didn't visit you once. I've decided to steal all the snacks and food so poor Greta won't have anything to use to make dinner tonight." I grab his hand and drag him to the kitchen.