TWENTY-SEVEN | Gunshot

i hope you guys like this chapter!

ATHENA RUSSO:

"Don't ask questions, okay?"

"No! I am going to ask questions! Why the fuck did you put Bianca in the trunk? Why does she look so beaten up? Why—"

"I think that's the first time I've ever heard you swear," she mumbles. I open my mouth but she clamps her hand over my mouth, "You wanted revenge, did you not?"

I nod.

"Then you're going to get your revenge. I love you, Athena but I really don't need to be bombarded with questions right now."

I grab her wrist and push her hand away. "I have a right to know why we are hours away from my house with Bianca in the back of this car."

She continues driving and ignores me. I hold my breath when I hear Bianca's muffles. What has she done? What have I gotten myself into?

"I don't like that look on your face," Artemis says. I grab onto the seat and try to control my breathing.

"I don't care what you like. What I care about is—"

"Oh please, Athena. We're not going to kill her. but we can if you'd like—"

"We are not killing her!"

"Okay. Okay. We won't kill her. But the offer still stands."

I place a hand on my chest feeling my heart beat erratically under my palm. "I'm going to have a heart attack," I whisper.

"No, you're not."

"Yes! I am!"

The car finally stops and I unbuckle my seatbelt and get out of the car as fast as I can.

I go to the back of the trunk and open it. Bianca falls out of the car and lands on the floor. Her arms and legs are tied up and her mouth is taped.

Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God.

"Is it me or has she somehow gotten fatter?"

I ignore Artemis and stare at Bianca who is recklessly crying on the floor. I take a step back and hold my hand over my mouth. She's got bruises, cuts, and dried-up blood all over her. You can barely even recognize her.

I think I might throw up.

"Did you do that to her?" I choke out, looking at Artemis. She tilts her head grinning at the sight of Bianca, "Of course I did. I did a good job, didn't I?"

I turn around and pace around the road. We are in the middle of nowhere. There are no houses in sight, and the sky-high trees surround us, caging us in, and covering the sunlight. We need to get out of here. Take Bianca somewhere far away from here and makes sure she doesn't say anything to the police and never comes back. This will definitely haunt me for the rest of my life.