ꪻꫝ᥅ꫀꫀ

Chapter three: I Love you

2016-2017
Sophomore year

I want to be in love for my first time, I don't want it to be just for a fuck.

"You should date him."

The echo of her voice rang through my ears. She thought we would be a good couple back in high school, my old best friend. Her ex boyfriend that year from freshman year.   

First we started as best friends, Kusi Kumani and I. Then one day he told me he liked me. Of course I was confused cause I genuously cherished our friendship and dating would just ruin it.

Rule one: Never date your best friend!

I was still hung up on Ezra even though his best friend, Kusi. He would tell me things, things to get me to let go of Ezra. He always pushed me and I gave in. Not because I thought I needed to let go of my first love but the comfort he gave me, he allowed me to feel that when I had no one.
    But when it was time to let it go it didn't end well for either of us; with time he found his happiness.

Zefira had to let him go. Deep down she knew she wasn't in love with him to stay with him. They both lost a best friend that day, but he gained the happiness she always hoped for him and still with time she'll soon have hers.

The end of our friendship: 2016-2019

© Ren Sherman Nonfiction