Chapter Fourteen

I'm back y'all.. How are you guys doing? I hope you've enjoyed my book so far?
Don't forget to click the star at the bottom of your screen and also drop a comment.. Love y'all❤✨
***
Mayowa

"Get up Damilare" I shouted for the umpteenth time. The doctors had to pull me out of the room. I didn't Care if people were watching me or saying I am not strong but I couldn't hold my pain anymore.

"Mayowa" Shola called approaching me as I sobbed my life out on a chair close by.
"Mayowa.. Get a hold of yourself" he said shaking Me lightly.

Maybe it's a dream.. It's a dream right?
It has to be a dream.. The love of your life cannot die just when you started getting along.

This Is happening so fast.. Its just too much for me to bear. This has to be a dream... It's definitely a dream.

***
Someone was shaking me vigorously.. Why would someone be shaking me.
"Wake up Mayowa" Shola shouted and I almost immediately got up.

I felt dried tears on my face.. Was it all a dream? It was either just a dream or I slept off crying. I hope it was a dream though.

I was about to ask him the situation but a doctor walked out of the emergency ward with a stethoscope and other nurses behind him

"Please follow me to the office Mr. Bamidele" the Middle aged doctor said and I just trailed behind him.

I still felt a little bit sleepy but I couldn't even dare to try and close my eyes.. As we got into the office, the doctor decided to take his time easing himself in the toilet while I waited there thinking of different things.

I sat down on a chair directly in front of his table. A lot of posters about pregnancies were on the wall. The one that caught my attention was about miscarriages and death.

I immediately swallowed an invincible lump in my throat as I just waited for the doctor

"What the hell is taking the doctor so long to ease himself... " I asked myself sighing in frustration.

Almost immediately the doctor came out with a smile on his face.. Like what the hell is so funny when the love of my life is in this hospital and I'm not sure whether she is dead or alive.

"Mr. Bamidele its not nice to see you...."
" yeah yeah cut all the formalities.. How is she please." I interrupted.
He just smiled at me and glanced at the folder in his hand.

"You're still a spoilt kid" he muttered to himself chuckling a little.
" do I know you" I asked him.
"Yes you do... Your dad and I were best friends when we were in high school" he replied.

Like I don't think I need a catching up moment right now.
"Does your dad know about her" he asked and I just shook my head.

"don't worry I won't tell him" he said
"Well.. The lady I don't know what to call her but... She's a fighter" he said with a smile"

I don't know when I jumped up and hugged the doctor in front of me. I was about to leave the office before he called me back.

"you have zero chill Mayowa.. I haven't even finished" he said laughing.
I walked back Into the office but I don't think I'm going to listen to whatever he is going to say.

"And your girl is also a fighter like her mother" he added.
"Wait.. Dami is carrying a girl" I asked excitedly.
The doctor just nodded. He looked like he was enjoying whatever I was doing.

"Well they are both fine. And I think she would be ready to see you but don't you think you should change first and maybe bring her some food" he asked.

"Thanks Doc" I said running out of his office like a boy who just got his gift from Santa.
"Bro.. Why are you running in the hallway like a kid" Olamide asked as I approached him.

"She's alive" I told him but the look on his face didn't change.
"Don't tell me you know" I asked him and he just laughed.
" I do.. Plus I just came out of her ward.. When you were having that bad dream of yours the doctor had told me everything." he said.

"I have a lot of questions to ask but I don't think I have your time I need to see Dami" I told him and walked into Dami's personal ward.

She was half awake when I walked in.
"hey" I whispered and she just smiled.
"Why are you whispering" she asked in a low voice and I just chuckled nervously.

"I'm sorry for what..." I started and the look on her face just changed.. She looked away from me and she closed her eyes weakly and tried to keep her tears from falling.

I rushed to her side immediately and held her closely. I was careful though because of the drip attached to her hand.

"Just know I love you Damilare.. I do more than I even imagined.. Everything I have been doing since you came is real. I was a fool to listen to your so called friends and I don't know how to make it up to you but I just need you to believe me" I told her.

She dabbed her eyes weakly.. Shortly after she fell asleep. I watched her for a while before I rushed home, took my bath and also ordered food for her.. I didn't know what she wanted exactly so I ordered like 4 different foods.. Rice, both Jollof and friend, Swallow, chips and ketchup and also fries yam.. I even added ice cream.

When I got back to the hospital, she was still sleeping thank God. Olamide went back home because he had to prepare for work and I don't Care about that right now. Even if it means me spending the whole year in this hospital I would stay here with her.

I would never let my always and forever go
***
This love sha🤧❤ I am so sorry I had to take so long to update.. A whole new wave of laziness came upon me.. But I would make it up to all of you and I'm so sorry for making y'all wait this long 😣💖
I hope you enjoy this chapter and don't forget to Vote and also comment and please share with your friends... I love you guys so much 💖💖💃🏻