Chapter Twelve

Hey my lovelies, I really hope y'all are enjoying this book. Don't forget to comment and also vote. I love you guys so much❤✨

Mayowa
I stared at the girl that just warmed up to me. Is this how I am going to lose her withing seconds all because of a foolish mistake I made?

"Every negative action has consequences son. Always make the right decision" dad always said. This is exactly what he meant by that and now I feel like digging up my own grave.

I feel like me dying Is better than for me to watch Dami go through another round of stress and depression. I sent her a reassuring smile but she just looked at me like I was mad.

"I'm waiting" she said obviously not interested in me being cocky.
"Dami must we do this now" I asked her obviously giving up because I couldn't just tell her.

Seeing her hurt breaks me. I cant believe I went through the first round of her depression. Knowing I'm the cause of everything bad that she has ever gone though.

"No Mayowa.. I can't wait.. I've always known something was off and you suddenly becoming nice didn't clear my doubt's either" she said. What she said felt like a knife stabbing me so hard.

"What if I tell you I fell for you" I asked her and she just shook her head.
"That's impossible and you know that. Stop looking at me like I am a little child Mayowa" she said. She was on the verge of crying and I didn't want that to happen.

I glanced at Shola briefly. I really wanted him to butt into this conversation and we would forget this ever happened. But Shola just stared at Dami then at me.

He absolutely looked more confused than I am right now.
A part of me wants to blame him for being so clumsy with his words. I mean why did he have to bring that up in such an open place.

But another part of me wants to believe that this is karma catching up with me. This was going to happen anyways. Well... I'm officially dead.

"Dami, I think we should go into the room" Shola said trying to hold her hand but she slapped it so hard that he had to smooch it. Normal Shola wouldn't have smooched that.

"You guys can't deceive me anymore you know" she said laughing. As she laughed, more tears poured from her face which was quite ironic.

"Damilare" I called taking her hand in mine but she surprisingly didn't move my hand away neither did she slap my hand which was surprising.

"Mayowa" she called back but quietly.
"You can't keep doing this to me" she told me.
"Fine"

***
"Watch where you're going" Yetunde told me.
I was going to ignore her but something just made me face her.
"You were the one that bumped into me" I told her. She eyed me for a minute before a sly smile appeared on her lips.

I hate it when Yetunde does this. She always has something up her sleeve but something made me not to let go of her at that moment.

The alcohol was just settling in and It felt so good to be tipsy after a long period of time.
"Where Is your boyfriend" Amarachi asked me but I paid no attention to her.

The three of us including Buki walked up to the snooker table watching my friends play and all of a sudden it went from snooker to dares.