Chapter Nine

Hey my lovelies.. So when I said I was gonna update I didn't expect it to be this soon
But I guess I owe you guys a lot because I couldn't update for some time
But anyways, please don't forget to vote, comment and also share with your friends.
I love you guys so much💖✨
***
Damilare
So when people say they feel really awkward about things.. I guess this Is what I am feeling right Now

I'm currently seated next to Mayowa in his car and we are on out way to the hospital.
We have been riding In silence for what feels like house but its not even up to ten minutes.

"How are you feeling" he asked and I shifted uncomfortable before resting my head on the window.

"I'm fine" I answered not wanting to continue the conversation. The car jolted as a result of entering a pot hole making my head hit the glass.

"Ouch" I exclaimed as my eyebrows creased as a result of the pain.
I just rubbed my forehead forgetting that someone was even with me in the car until I heard someone try to stifle a laugh.
You've got to be kidding me.

"What's so funny" I asked. His smile disappeared and it was replaced with a very serious face.

"Nothing. I'm sorry. Hope you're not hurt" he asked. I just nodded. Not less than a nanosecond after, I still heard someone laugh. I tried to ignore and remain angry but I found myself smiling.

He looked at me for a while like he has never ever seen me smile before. When my expression changed, he just faced the road like he wasn't staring at me some seconds ago.

I found myself still smiling.
"Why are you smiling Dami? Keep it together." I mentally scolded myself. 

I was looking for something to occupy myself with since pretty boy decided to keep staring at me.
"Is something on my face' I asked him

"No" he replied quickly.
"Watch where you're going or you're gonna get the both of us killed" I said and he just nodded. To be honest he can get really cute sometimes.
***
"Welcome Dami, I was thinking you weren't gonna come" Dr. Samuel said as I got into the office.

"I'm sorry sir" I replied sending him a smile.
"Its okay. Come in and who's the handsome young man behind you" he asked.

My head immediately went up and I tried giving me a signal that I didn't want to talk about it but he kept on acting so confused.
This is one thing about trying to communicate with old people.

They never just get the signs that you try to show them. But we always understand every look they give us. You see, being an African child can be so frustrating.

"I'm just a friend sir" Mayowa said Nervously and Dr. Samuel just nodded. Now that's over.....

"He's the father right" Dr. Samuel asked as soon as Mayowa excused himself out.
"Yes but how do you know" I asked subconsciously turning my head back to watch Mayowa leave.

"I'm a father of 5. I have 3 girls who give me the eye signal every time. I understood what you were saying but I wanted to hear it" he said smiling

"Yes he is" I told him and he just nodded.
"And he came with you to your antenatal" he asked and I just nodded. I didn't have an answer to the question he was going to ask next which is
"Why is he here with you"
Like for real.. Why did I allow him to give me a ride?

"He doesn't seem like a bad person" he said interrupting my thoughts and I just rose a brow at him.

"It doesn't show on the face sir. He won't carry a sign that says"hey I'm a bad person" I told him and he just laughed Lightly.

"But don't you think its quite responsible for him to accompany you to the hospital for your antenatal. And also accept the fact that you're carrying his child despite his social status" Dr. Samuel said.

"I don't care about his social status" I told the doctor who just stared at me like as if me graduating from secondary school was a huge mistake to the world at large.

"What?" I asked raising a brow at him.
"Mr. And Mrs. Bamidele own the largest law firm in Nigeria and obviously want their only child to take over and him having a rape case and taking care of you is a big deal" he said

Well I've heard of his parents. I didn't just know it was this huge
Why didn't he tell me earlier.

"He didn't tell you because he doesn't want you to react like the way you are now. Because you're panicking
You look like you'd burst" the doctor said smiling a bit.

"Well its not a big deal. I can always leave him" I told the doctor but he just shook his head. I've told Dr. Sam everything about my life.

He's the father I never had. Well mostly because I don't know my father. My mom lives with her husband who hates me so much and his hatred for me made my mom Also hate me because she did not want to lose him.. I know .. It's a very shitty story.

The sound of the door opening and closing made me come back to my senses.
"Thank you Mr. Bamidele I hope you take Care of her" Dr. Sam said as we prepared to leave.

Mayowa just nodded obviously confused by what he heard but he smiled anyways and shook his hand.

What shocked me the most was that pretty boy offered to hold my tiny purse which I didnt even feel on my hand at all.

He Also offered to open the car door for me and he opened it as soon as we reached the house.
I think I'm beginning to like this new Mayowa.

"Keep yourself together Dami" I inwardly scolded myself.
I walked into the house without sparing Mayowa a glance.. He might me charming but he still can't make up for what he did.

"You're just trying to shield yourself from him" my subconscious said.
"There's nothing bad about that" I told myself.

"Just accept what he's doing for you. Not every rape case ends up like this. You're staying In his house for Gods sake." My subconscious said again

Well if my stay in this house would make pretty boy cross his boundaries them I guess my stay is overdue
Its time to leave.
***
Hey my lovelies. So I need your answers to these questions .
1. What do you think about Mayowa.
2. What do you think about Yetunde.
3. Can Mayowa be trusted
4. Is Damilare being inconsiderate?
Please comment your answers
I'd really appreciate if you do
Don't forget to click the star at the bottom of your screen and also share. Thanks lovelies.
And oh.. About the multiple mistakes😅✨
Imma edit all of it when I'm done. So please bear with me.
Love y'all ❤❤❤