Chapter Eleven

You know I never imagined coming this far🤧✨
Thanks so much my readers for motivating me. I love you guys so much and I hope y'all are enjoying the story as much as I am.
I love you guys so much❤
Don't forget to like and also drop a comment and please share.
Enjoy my book minions✨✨
***
Damilare
"Can I open my eyes now" I asked for the nth time within a minute.
"You have zero chill Dami" Mayowa said and walked behind me before removing the blindfold.

I stared at what was in front of me in complete awe. I just stared wide eyed and mouth opened while Mayowa stared at me.

"Well say something.. Do you like it" he asked me and I just broke down into sobs.. Dang this pregnancy hormones.
"Hey hey.. I was expecting you to be happy not sad" he told me pulling me into a hug.

"I'm not sad . I'm just too emotional right now" I told him wiping a tear that managed to escape.

"Why are you emotional" he asked. A hint of laughter In his voice and I just ignored his question and took one last look at the room.

It was painted  a light shade of pink with a baby crib by the corner and a lot of toys occupying the room. He must have bought everything he saw at the store.

"I love it Mayowa" I told him finally clearing my head and he just smiled and stared back at the door.

"Why'd you paint it pink tho.. How sure are you that its a girl" I asked him and he just shrugged and snaked his hand around my waist pulling me close. It was was an odd gesture but cute.

"I know my baby is gonna be a girl" he said with confidence in his voice.
"Well Mr. I know all you're going to be shocked and get ready to paint this room blue. I don't want my baby boy to stay in a girls room"

I smiled at him and was about to leave but he pulled me back and just stared at me like he has never seen me before.
He looked at my eyes, then my lips, then my eyes.. It took all the strength I had in me not to face palm myself.

"Ohh what am I missing" Shola asked walking up to us.
I expected Mayowa to let go of me but he didn't.
His hand became tighter and he just didn't stop looking at me directly in my eyes.

"Y'all haven't had the first kid yet and you're ready to make another one" Shola said which made my face turn the highest shade of red while Mayowa just stared at me with amusement..

He was so fascinated with whatever he was looking at and I swear I heard his heartbeat quicken. He let go almost immediately but not before pecking me on my lips and leaving me in my baby's room completely dazed.

Mayowa
"Why don't you ever knock" I asked Shola as we approached the mini bar in the parlor.
"You've never bothered about my knocking until today oga" He replied laughing lightly and taking a shot of his tequila.

"Well you ruined the moment one and two you're not getting drunk here. By the way you hardly drink. What's up?" I asked him and he just shrugged.

"I don't know what to do with her again" He said and I immediately felt bad for him. Having the so called love of your life keep on hurting you is really a Traumatizing thing.

I just stared at him and sent him a nod that I understood what he was saying but I still did not let him drink at all.
"She almost left the house while you were gone" I told him after a short while.

"She asked me a lot of questions that I know giving her the answers to would shatter her forever. Plus we just started getting along" I added.

"Yes I clearly saw that. You could have seen the way you looked. Like you were having a mental debate on whether to Kiss her or not" he said and he was absolutely right.

Just imagine causing so much pain in someone's life and wanting to kiss the same person.
Like won't you think about the consequences of doing so?

"How did it even happen guy. I never expected you to fall for her. Not this hard. Not this early" he told me and I just shrugged.

I didn't expect it from myself too. Since that night. It's been like a month now and Shola was well.. Unavailable because his business deals lasted longer than he expected.

"Anyways good luck and don't do anything stupid like you always do" he told me laughing and I just stared at him thinking about what he said deeply.

There are still a lot of things that
  Damilare doesn't know about. And her finding out would be a big issue to everyone living here. And by that I mean just me.

"What do you suggest I do" I asked him and he just shrugged.
"How won't you know. I thought you were the ladies guy" I asked him.
"I was.. I want to be a reverend now" he said .

The place was shirt for a while before the both of us started laughing. We laughed so hard that my stomach began to ache. This is like the joke of the century.

Shola? Reverend? That's a real joke.
"Don't say this in public" I told him still laughing a bit.

"I would say oh. At least I'm not hiding things from Damilare" he said the both of us still laughing.

"Hiding things like what" I soft voice spoke from the bottom of the stairs and the earth stood still immediately. I think the clock Also stopped ticking and our laughter had died.. It was also buried.

My heart was beating so fast to the extent it felt like it was going to come out and I'm sure Shola was feeling the same thing too.
I turned to face him and I noticed color had drained from his face. As if on cue, we both spoke at the same time.

"Nothing Dami" we both said. She walked further into the parlor and folded her arms on her already protruding belly staring at us.

"Come on Mayowa.. Think of a lie.. Any lie" I told myself but nothing was coming out. It looked like Shola was having that debate also.

"Damilare" I called
"Mayowa" she countered. She really isn't going to give up until she hears something legit.

"I'm waiting " she said and I just faced Shola.
I recalled the first day he spoke to me about this issue. He told me the truth would come out sooner or later and I guess it's time for it to be revealed.

"I think you have to sit down for this" I told her and led her to a cushion.
Well.. Here goes nothing....
***
I really don't know why I feel like keeping you guys in suspense😂. Please follow, like and comment. Don't hesitate to express your feelings. Thank you much. I love you guys and last but not the least
What do you think this big secret is?
Comment your replies please❤✨