[21] ● The Consumption ●

Start from the beginning

Lois said in a hushed tone of voice noticing the time.

The boys would be back soon.

"He fears for the boys, ... Jordan" Clark was dressed in his red and blue symbol of hope.

Lois at the Mention of her father and his concerns about her children spoke in a harsh tone.

"What now?"

Clark didn't want to have to tell Lois of her own fathers theories, he never liked to step between them.

As you're was always a pre established line in the sand to be drawn between his wife, Lois Kent, and her ties to her family before him as Lois Lane.

"He thinks that if Edge had Jonathan on something, that he wouldn't tell us about it. Then he could uses him in his experiments"

Now Lois knew of her fathers concerns, they weren't for himself but were for Jonathan, Lois felt ashamed for thinking any less as even though her father had always looked upon Clark with suspicion, he never did so to the boys.

"But he not"

Clark wished that his wife's words were the fact of the matter and Edge truly did know of Jonathan's unpowered status.

The front door opened with the jangling of keys, the couple ignored it.

"Ya I said that, but Edge doesn't know that. What will it take for him to just assume that both the boys have powers-"

Clark said as he was interrupted before he got a chance to finish his sentence.

~~~

"Mom, Dad "Jordan entered the kitchen, to find the whispering of his parents gathered around the window.

Choosing not to listen in, his mom had made the rule that if his father couldn't do something with his powers then neither should Jordan if he could help it.

Sure there had been a few slip ups but so far but it mostly been the whole family had kept things civil between Jonathan and there father.

Clark and Lois pulled apart like they had been caught in the act.

Jordan's mom stepped back from Clark who went to greet Jordan by the kitchen door.

"School alright?" Clark said he was in his super suit looking as heroic as ever.

Jordan backed off a little at that, maybe he had chosen to walk in at the wrong time.

"Ya, I was gonna ask you if you heard about-"

"The missing woman?" Lois interrupted having already known of the story's publication as soon as the news outlets started to run the story, from Chrissy who was all knowing when it came to stuff like that.

"Ya" Jordan said, shaking his head, setting his bag down on the kitchen table.

Lois came over, roped her hands around Jordan's shoulders and kissed the top of his head lovingly.

"Don't worry about that honey your grandfather says they have it all under control" Lois knew of Jordan's anxiety and didn't want this to consume him.

"Does he?" Jordan's question, and surprisingly.

"Ya he does" Clark answered.

Pulling away from his mother Jordan said.

"So you can come up with a football trip, right?"

Shocked by his fathers reassurance as Clark never particularly hid his true feelings towards Sam Lane having a battle of wits when they were in the same room together when Lois wasn't around.