15. The Telling

Hermione's POV

The race back to the dormitory was fast-paced and enough to make Hermione's head pound. Finally at the portrait, she gasped the password and ran straight into Draco's arms.

"What happened?" He looked at her with such intensity that she almost shrunk under his gaze, which terrified her a bit, a feeling she rarely had with him.

"I...I went to see McGonagall, and..." she trailed off, catching her breath as fast as she could manage.

"What did she say?" He said with a calm voice. The drastic change from one mood to another made Hermione even more jumpy, which of course, didn't help the situation.

"I'm starting lessons with Trelawney," she said quietly once her chest had stopped heaving. "I'm a Seer."

Draco puffed out his cheeks as he sighed. Running his fingers through his curls, he said softly, "My girlfriend's a Seer."

With a smirk on her lips, she said in a teasing voice, "I'm your girlfriend?" She reached up and wrapped her arms around his neck.

He responded with a confused smile. "Of course." Then, with a knowing smile, "Don't change the subject. I'm talking to you."

She kissed his lips softly. They tasted sweeter than sugar, and she needed him right now. He loved her, and he was there for her.

"It'll be okay. We'll figure something out. I'll figure something out. This is just a new...milestone that we've passed now." He hugged her tightly. "Hermione Granger, I love you. You're a Seer. And that doesn't change anything."

"Of course it does, Draco." She whispered.

But that didn't matter. Draco took her up to his bed, and they slept there, Hermione feeling completely protected by her love. She would get through this, and she would get through the lessons. The last thing she whispered to him were three little words.

"I love you."