Quatre

♡♡♡

Minjeong was sitting in her bed, writing in her diary about the day she just had. She couldn't get her mind off Jimin's pretty smile whenever she caught Minjeong stare at her. Jimin's adorable laugh whenever Minjeong told her a joke. Honestly, Jimin seemed like the perfect person in Minjeong's eyes.

However, the thoughts about the differences between the two made Minjeong a little bit more insecure. Minjeong wasn't sure if she deserved to hang out with such a pretty, intelligent and amazing woman. She felt little around the older.

But those thoughts didn't stop her from admiring Jimin. After all, she was still one of the few people that seemed to actually match their personality with their looks. Which is a rare thing.

After Minjeong closed the simple, dark green notebook, she received a notification. She got up from her bed and grabbed her phone, which she left on her desk. It was a message on Instagram. She looked at the sender's profile and she was left shocked.

"It's... Aeri?" Minjeong said out loud, without even realizing.

The short haired girl was skeptical about opening the message. She knew that, whatever came from Aeri towards her, it can't be good.

Minjeong hesitantly opened the chat. There she saw a photo of her and Jimin. The short girl was confused. She didn't understand what was the reason behind Aeri's message.

After a minute of staring at the photo, Minjeong received another message from her bully.

"Stay away from my Yu Jimin. Or else, I'll make your life a living nightmare..." Minjeong read out loud.

She was left in shock. She didn't quite get Aeri's intentions, but she knew that the latter wasn't kidding. At all... She knows her bully too well. Minjeong took a photo frame that was situated by her bed. In the picture, there were two little girls who were posing in their Halloween costumes.

"When did we fall apart?.." Minjeong sighed as she carefully caressed the photo.

···

'Back when Minjeong was 13 years old...'

"Come on! We'll be late and all the good candy will be taken!" A little girl pouted as she was waiting for Minjeong to finish up.

"I'm coming! I'm coming!"

After Minjeong got all dressed up, the two left the younger's house. They visited multiple houses and were given many delicious types of candy. Once they reached a big, white house, Minjeong took a step back.

"Aeri... Isn't this that girl's house?"

"Yes it is! She became a good friend of mine!" The older said excitedly.

"..."

"Aeri, you know that she's been making fun of me since I started middle school? Why would you accept her friendship? I thought we were best friends!" Minjeong said furiously, as she took another step back.

"Well, you know what!? I got bored of you! She is a lot more interesting than you! She's prettier and she isn't fat, like you!" Aeri spat out the words, like they were venomous.

Minjeong's heart crumbled into pieces. Her so called best friend, told her the most hurtful things she had ever heard. She couldn't endure the urge to cry, so she ran away. Tears rolling down onto her red cheeks, making it hard for her to see.

After everything that happened that day, Aeri has been making Minjeong's school days horrible. But she didn't stop at high school. She had to follow her into college too.

Minjeong never understood how easily their friendship fell apart. She misses the old Aeri. The old Aeri that she loved so much. But unfortunately, nothing will ever be the same. It could never be the same.