Chapter 29: Kylie Jenner.

Start from the beginning

"I didn't do anything, so you can't just waltz in her and think you can bully me into doing your bidding." I tell her,

"People like you is what is really wrong with America. You self-absorbed liberals." She says and I stare at her confused.

People like me?

Liberals?

"Look lady, you're interrupting a very important class right now and it'll be best if you just leave." I tell her.

"I'm not leaving this classroom without you, Miss Prentice." She says, folding her arms as she stares at me.

"Mrs. Marren, what's the issue here?" Mr. Clay asks her.

"She's dressed inappropriately and it's my duty to ensure that every student of this great institution is properly dressed." She tells him.

"Not parading the halls like a skank in a Playboy magazine." She says, looking at me, and gasps are heard around the room.

"Pfft, you're just jealous your saggy tits can't pull this outfit off." I quip and everyone laughs.

"Miss Prentice, I'm gonna need you to follow Mrs. Marren." Mr. Clay says and I smile at him.

"Just because you asked, Theodore." I tell him and I see his cheeks flush. Picking up my books from my desk, I sling my backpack over my shoulder and I walk past Mrs. Marren as I exit the class.

My little "stunt" as Mrs. Marren called it, earned me two weeks of detention like she promised. It sucks because I need that extra hour after school to study at home before I shake my ass for money at Christopher's club, but then I can just study in detention. There was nothing to do at home right now, so kicking it with a few misfits doesn't sound too bad.

The sound of a can of Coca-Cola being opened fills the detention room as I stare at the clock on the wall. I hear Christian chug the cold beverage beside me and I give him the side eye.

"Can you drink that any louder?" I ask him as he wipes his mouth with the back of his hand.

"Someone's in a mood today." Christian says, chuckling.

"No talking." Mr. Aoki, the teacher in charge of detention today, says and I roll my eyes.

"Are you good?" Christian asks me. Although he was a total jokester, he had a serious side. He would want to help if something was wrong. After all, he's my best friend's brother.

"I'm fine. Just hungry." I tell him.

"I can share my pack of Doritos with you." He offers.

"It's fine. I want real food, not that gas station junk." I say.

"Suit yourself, princess." Christian tells me before he continues drinking his Coke.

I don't get any reading done, instead, I nap the entire time. Christian taps me and I wake up, wiping drool off the side of my mouth.

"You guys can leave now." Mr. Aoki says and I get up immediately. Grabbing my backpack from behind the chair before I walk out of the classroom.

As I walk down the empty school hall, I see a classroom with the door slightly ajar. Being nosy, I walk to the door and peep through the small opening. It's Aaron and some cheerleader. That girl is definitely not Aaliyah. He caresses her cheek before he kisses her. I take a quick photo before I keep walking down the hall. I text the photo to Aaliyah with the caption "Karma is a bitch."

Feeling like a million bucks, I walk to the bus stop.

***

"Do you think I'm too needy?" I ask Richard as he rubs my head.

"Not really, you seem perfectly fine to me." He says, stroking my cheek.

"We all have something we don't like about people. What's mine?" I ask him, resting on his torso as I look up at him.

"Well, you're really impulsive. You do things before you think." He points out.

"That's fair." I quip.

"And you fart in your sleep." He adds.

"I do not." I gasp, hitting his chest. He laughs out loud and his body shakes.

"You do." He says before he flips me over.

"You're mean." I tell him.

"You like mean." He says, smirking.

"That I do." I say before kissing him. We make out for a few seconds before a ringtone pulls us out of our little fairytale.

"Why does technology have to be our biggest enemy?" I complain.

"I'm sorry. I gotta get that." Richard tells me and I nod. He kisses my forehead before he pulls away and gets off the bed. He answers his phone and starts talking to the person on the other side. I grab my own phone from the nightstand and check my messages.

Mum: When are you coming home?

Aaron: I just got off the phone with Aaliyah. What did you tell her?

Not wanting to deal with them, I head to Instagram instead. Richard joins me on the bed shortly after.

"Who's that?" He asks me.

"Kylie Jenner." I answer as I stare at him. He still looks confused.

"Who?" He says, staring at me.

"Kylie Jenner. You know, billionaire business owner by day, influencer by night?" I point out and he shakes his head.

"Doesn't ring a bell." He tells me.

"Her sister, Kim Kardashian has a big fake badunkadunk." I tell him.

"Oh, Kylie Jenner. Why didn't you just lead with that?" He says and I chuckle.

"Because it's offensive." I tell him.

"To who?" He asks.

"Describing someone by their body parts is weird. Even for me." I say, locking my phone screen.

"It might be offensive, but it's the truth." He says, shrugging. I touch his freshly shaved beard and look in his eyes.

"Oh Richard, your boomer is showing." I tell him and he flips me over attacking my stomach with little tickles.

"Stop it." I squeal as I laugh uncontrollably.