And... Notch was completely gone. Grian had always had his grandfather. Notch resided in a tiny chunk of Grian's consciousness, biding his time until the day one of his descendants finally accepted his power, like Grian. But that little piece of Grian's fiber, that tiny sliver of his soul was gone.

Something that felt like cold water washed over the half-dead prime, and suddenly Grian opened his eyes.

"GRIAN!" Scar hollered.

"It worked! I can't believe it really worked!" Happy tears came to Pearl's eyes. Gem propped Grian up slowly so he was sitting up against Scar.

"I... what?" Grian mumbled finally. He could see a large crowd of newly-raised admins standing off to the side, laughing and talking. "I brought them all back... how... how am I alive?" Grian asked.

"It was all Taurtis. He gave you his soul." Pearl sat down next to Grian. "I had just portaled into headquarters when I met Taurtis standing on the doorstep. He told me you were old friends, and explained that he was the one you had sent to the End dimension with some Ezren," Pearl explained.

"He said he used a physical watcher charm to teleport here... he called it ᔑリ||∴⍑ᒷ∷ᒷ." Pearl spoke.

"Ah... anywhere." Grian whispered. "I made it for him a long time ago." Tears came to Grian's eyes. "Does that mean he's gone? He gave himself for... me?" In response Scar nodded slowly and pointed to a pile of dark blue robes. Taurtis had disappeared moments after his soul had parted with his body.

Grian completely broke down. "I abandoned him. Ezren said... Ezren said he was in so much pain. I was like a brother to him. Why... why did he give his life for me?" Grian sobbed.

"He told me to tell you," Scar hesitated, "that his mindspace was already dimming. He was ready. It wasn't your fault. He - he missed you. But his death was inevitable." Scar repeated the message.

"He knew he was going to die anyway, then." Grian was barely comforted. "ℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑリꖌ ||𝙹⚍, ᒲ|| ⎓∷╎ᒷリ↸." Grian whispered to the sky, hoping Taurtis could somehow hear him beyond the grave. Life was a last, undeserved gift from a great friend.

"Here." Pearl handed Grian her white prime robes. Grian's own had been destroyed in the fight, and Pearl was sure he would still want to conceal his identity.

"Thank you, Pearl." Grian pulled the robes on. They were slightly small, but Grian didn't mind as he pulled the familiar baggy hood over his face. "Oh, this hood doesn't have one-way sight fabric."

"Be grateful," Pearl grinned as she snapped her fingers and the fabric rearranged itself to allow Grian sight. Grian bowed his head slightly in thanks. "Oh, and we found our mole." Pearl whispered.

"Really? Who?" Grian was taken aback.

"They don't even know that we know yet. But I have a feeling they might wake up in the dungeons tomorrow morning with no recollection of being arrested." Pearl laughed.

"Ah, so it was Myth Sausage?" Grian's ever-present smile still hadn't resurfaced. It might take a long time for the trauma and loss of the night to sink in.

"It seems Scott's hunch was right." Pearl nodded.

"We'll have to hold the prime admin ceremonies for Gem and Scar." It took all of Grian's have a conversation like everything was normal. Things were far, far from normal.

"What!?" Pearl snapped, hey eyes wide. She looked almost... angry for some reason. "I mean, what are you talking about?" Pearl quickly rephrased her surprise.

"Pearl," Grian gave a strange look, "In the beggining there were six primes. Over time the other two prime positions were taken to the grave. Nobody could weild the magic of the nature prime or necromancer anymore. Notch and Lillir, the aether person, were the only prime positions left,

"Notch's physical, Lillir's technology. But now that the nature and necromancer knowledge has returned with the original gaurdian's descendants..." Grian prompted.

"We'll have four primes again." Pearl breathed. "Then I guess Minecraftia is truly being restored to it's natural order again." Pearl sighed.

Grian smiled for the first time. "Yes,"

"Are you sure you can manage Notch's powers? He won't start controlling you again?" Pearl asked. The others had filled her in on the battle.

"I know he won't. I have a new soul, Pearl. A soul that Notch has never touched. Taurtis's soul. Notch's soul is gone forever. Notch will never return." Grian let his words sink in.

"Then who will offer his power to his descendants to come?" Pearl asked.

"I will."

A/N: Sorry about the short chapter, I just couldn't drag it on anymore. One more chapter to go... thanks for all the support!