Chapter 8

Xisuma woke up bright and early to a loud ringing echoing from his communicator and a buzzing sensation coming off his newly-formed magic marks in little spurts. He quickly silenced his com and turned to his magic marks, trying to figure out how to shut them off.

His markings were still small, as he had just gained them three months ago after his difficult level nine test. His magic marks were more obvious than most - little pale silver star-shaped freckles that littered his face sparingly. Xisuma slapped his face, hard. The alarm immediately shut off. What in Minecraftia!?

Xisuma pulled his silver tier nine admin robes over his turtle-green jumpsuit and silver-gray helmet. I wonder why the primes called an emergency meeting... Xisuma was puzzled. They had just had a meeting the day before, and the next was coming up in less than a month... something terrible must have happened!

Xisuma bolted through the vast doors of his mega base and took to the sky, scanning the ground for Grian's base.

Whether he was banned or not, he would probably need to be at the meeting. And if he wasn't needed, he would at least get to see Prime 2. Prime 2 only turned up once a year - and for emergency meetings if they were called. Besides, maybe Xisuma could convince Grian to apologize and get his meeting privileges back for the future.

Xisuma landed awkwardly next to Grian's red train, which happened to be his mega shop-mall building. He quickly raced through the railroad, peeking into every car. Grian must not be working on his shops today. Xisuma glanced at his com anxiously. He needed to find Grian fast.

Xisuma proceeded to rocket into Grian's midnight alleyway. Grian wasn't busy building that, either. That was strange considering that when Xisuma had peered into his shulker monster it was clear Grian didn't need to gather any more resources...

Was he visiting a friend? He was probably working on some prank or another somewhere... but Xisuma found it annoying that Grian had coincidentally vanished on yet another admin meeting day. This had happened almost every day for a year back when Grian first joined Hermitcraft... and Prime 2 attended more meetings.

Thankfully, Xisuma still didn't connect the two events together. He rocketed back up into the sky and made one last stop. This time Xisuma landed next to none other than Mr. Mumbo Jumbolio. If anyone would know where Grian went, it was his best friend.

Mumbo Jumbo wiped sweat from his face as he turned to look at Xisuma. He was busy 'magic-mossing' his mega base. The mega base was looking quite amazing so far, Xisuma had to admit.

"Hey Mumbo. Sorry I don't have time to chat, but have you seen Grian today?" Xisuma wiped his hands on his admin robes, getting them slightly dusty.

"Grian? Come to think of it, I haven't seen him since before yesterday's admin meeting... but I thought you went with him." Mumbo shook his head.

"I did. Did he mention where he was going to be today? If he was going anywhere? Pulling any specific prank?" Xisuma frowned,

"No. I honestly haven't talked to him properly since the day before yesterday, mate!" Mumbo shrugged. "But if I had to guess he would be at another building association event or meeting or something."

"I thought he quit that ages ago?" Xisuma's brow furrowed.

"He just said he cut down, dude. He still goes to a few things every now and then." Mumbo was unfazed.

"Well, well... the more you know..." Xisuma grouched. "Anyway, I'd best be on my way." Xisuma waved two fingers through the air and a portal materialized.

"Gosh, I forgot you could just do that." Mumbo rubbed his head, amazed. Xisuma didn't answer. He was too deep in thought as he stepped through the swirling pool of light onto the admin headquarters server grounds. What could Grian be hiding?