Chapter 6

Back in the admin headquarters, it was pandemonium. As Xisuma watched the Prime 2 vanish in a plume of gold, he could easily make out the shock and anger on Pearl's face as she quickly tried to sort out the situation on her own. 

He turned to meet Gem's gaze. She looked as perplexed as Xisuma. She quickly looked up and her eyes flashed - she had thought of something. 

Gem signaled to the door and the two admins quickly leapt to their feet and exited the scene, fleeing the sure chaos to follow.

. . .

Grian materialized in his room, deep in the prime admin quarters. He allowed the two watchers to fall to the floor, each one severely burned.

Grian quickly pressed his hands, blazing with primal magic, to each burn. They immediately healed and restored themselves to their original fleshy colors.

With an exhausted sigh, Grian slung both of them over his shoulders and laid them down on his bed, debating on what to with them... he didn't want to give them back to the watchers... they could stay here, but he didn't want them to know who was. If he sent them away, they would wake up clueless in the middle of nowhere - and Grian didn't wish that on anyone.

Suddenly Grian noticed the aquamarine crystal that looped around his friend's neck. Ah, Taurtis's memories are in there, too... like mine were... only head watcher or prime magic can destroy the crystals.

Grian stepped over to Taurtis's bedside silently and slit through the iron chain with his fingernails. Once he had carefully removed it, he disintegrated it in his fist. Tautis stirred in his unconscious slumber.

Grian stepped over to the other side of the bed, knowing the other familiar watcher also wore a similar crystal. This watcher's crystal was reddish-orange. Grian quickly reached for the chain around the watcher's neck - but all of the sudden the watcher leaped to his feet.

The male watcher's hood fell back, and the candlelight illuminated his sharp features. Grian recognised his friend's face easily... but suddenly something clicked at the back of his mind, something too deep to fully grasp... something oddy fresh about the old face.

Grian raised his left arm slowly and the watcher froze, immobilised. Only his face could move. Grian collapsed back, aware he was at his magical limit. In that moment the spell keeping his hood down flickered off, and Grian's face was exposed in the yellow candlelight.

Grian froze, his glowing purple eyes slowly moving to meet his estranged friend's. The watcher gasped, all the blood draining from his face. "...Sunan..." He breathed. Grian's hand began to shake as he held the other watcher in place with his golden magic. The magic began to flicker purple on and off... Grian hadn't slipped into watcher magic since Prime 1's death.

Suddenly Grian smirked, and his shoulders relaxed. "Hey, Ezry." Ezren looked baffled. Then all of the sudden Grian shot out, ripping the red crystal from Ezren's neck. Ezren grimaced in pain as the chord snapped against his skin.

"What are you doing! SUNAN!" Ezren shrieked as Grian burned the second crystal. The prime admin watched Ezren's face closely as a hundred emotions flicked across his features. Pain, grief, happiness, sadness, and overall - anger.

"Ah, do you remember now?" Grian grinned, conjuring up an armchair to fall into.

"Why - how - what!?" Ezren took a moment to recover. Then, "Why... how did you betray us?" Ezren whispered. Grian looked disgruntled - he had expected many questions, but not this one.

"Betray you?" Grian chuckled, "It's a long story, but at the end I'll have to make you forget, anyway. So why bother?" Grian sighed. Ezren let out a bellow of anger and tried to charge at Grian. He realized he couldn't move. Ezren tried to throw his magic at Grian, but it wouldn't come.