f i f t y t h r e e

The morning wasn't bright as usual. Grey clouds moved slowly towards the kingdom and soon, rain will pour. This concerned the prince who waited patiently for the couriers to arrive safely.

"We have three trips for day, Your highness." a man informed him. Yoongi nodded in understanding.

"Make sure they are putting the barricades and check the houses left for explosive substances today. Do not let the people cross it."

"Understood, Your highness." the man bowed and left. His worry grew when hearing thunder from a few miles away.

Despite the gloomy atmosphere, a cheery voice echoed in the huge house.

"Pretty Princess is here again!"

Minhee waddled to her with a toy in his hand. The princess lifted her up and he let out a glee laughter.

"Minhee missed you!"

"Aw, I missed you too." Eunkyung pinched his cheek.

The boy continued, "Soobin hyung misses you too! He keeps saying he wants to meet you since yesterday. It's noisy!" he shook his head with a dissatisfied face. Just then he realised a newcomer he had never seen before. Minhee pointed, "Who is this, Pretty Princess?"

Seungmin blinked his eyes twice. Minhee's finger almost poked his eyeballs that he needed to take a step back. Eunkyung hummed, "Hmm... I don't know. Why don't you ask him?"

Minhee leaned in to examine the facial feature while Eunkyung held him tighter to make sure he won't fall. "Who are you? Are you Pretty Princess' friend?"

The puppy resembled guy shook his head. "I'm her partner."

"Partner of what?"

Seungmin and Eunkyung exchanged glances. The girl raised her shoulders with an amused look. Both know Minhee wouldn't understand so he chose to lie a little.

"Partner in archery and swording."

The boy gasped. "You do archery and sword?!"

Eunkyung nodded on his behalf proudly. "He's so good at archery." she whispered.

"What's your name?" enthusiasm was clearly shown on Minhee's face. As the conversation continues, he held out his hand to feel the fabric of Seungmin's clothes. Then he moved to touch his hair. Eunkyung passed the boy for Seungmin to hold.

"I'm meeting Soobin for awhile." she informed, and he let her be.

"Calling for breakfast!" a voice called out.

Minhee immediately pulled Seungmin to join at the dining table. The male gladly complied. He treated the boy like his younger sibling. In just less than one hour, they clicked. There's a few children who threw Minhee envy looks for getting special treatment yet the boy cared less.

"Do you have more friends, Seungmin hyung? Other than Pretty Princess?"

Said guy smiled when hearing the name he used for Eunkyung. He remembered the day he followed the royal family to the village, the same boy called her as that and the first thing he thought was, children don't lie.

"I do have some at school."

"Oh, do you go to the same school as Soobin hyung?"

He shook his head before feeding Minhee. "Him and I came from different places. We're not friends."

"But he is friend with Pretty Princess." Minhee said full mouth. Confusion arose but Seungmin just giggle at his cuteness. "But I don't think they are friends because Soobin hyung likes Pretty Princess."