f o r t y e i g h t

Knock knock

Eunkyung weakly looked up from the bed to the door. She had to be quarantined in the guest room for awhile to avoid possible infection and further observation. Her vision was blurry due to the headache so it took time for her to make out the visitor.

"Can I come in?"

Soft gasp escaped her lips. Eunkyung got down from the bed and ran to Yoongi. It had been two days since she heard anything from him and Seungmin.

"Oppa," she breathed out. "I'm so glad you're safe, oh my god."

The older gave her a warm smile as he hugged her back. He softly rocked her side to side when hearing small sobs from her. He felt sorry for worrying his little sister so much after she had gone through everything for the past few days. They stayed in the position for a moment. His embrace provided warmth after days of cold night in the hideout.

"Are you injured somewhere?" she asked, her voice muffled against his cloth. The prince shook his head reassuringly. A small lie won't hurt. "What about Seungmin? Is he safe?"

"That..." Yoongi nervously chuckled which made her anxious and confused. What happened? Did he survive? If he didn't why would her brother laugh but if he did why was he hesitating? Eunkyung began to pull away with her face painted desperation for good news.

"That what?" she urged. Her legs already turned jelly at the long pause.

"He is... safe." the prince said and she let out the biggest sigh of relief. "But he's injured because of me two times."

"What did you do?!" the girl pushed him away, furious.

Yoongi displayed an offended look. "Did you realise you just let out a huge sigh for him like he's a part of you but not me?"

Eunkyung huffed in dissatisfaction. "What'd you do to him?"

"Oh wow, I see how it is." Yoongi crossed his arms against his chest and held his chin high. "No more news about him while you're quarantined." he joked.

"Fine. Get out." she pushed him out of the room but Yoongi won't budge. He laughed at her reaction and ruffled her hair.

"He took an arrow for me."

Eunkyung had a pout on with an unpleasant expression, both angry and sad at the fact that Seungmin was once again injured because of her and her family. She started to think being close with that guy was not really a good thing. "What about Han?"

Yoongi sighed, "Him and Yunseo escaped. They slid from a cliff. Seungmin is receiving treatment for now because of his old wound so he can't go anywhere either."

Right, his wound was still fresh. Instant guilt conquered her.

"Your parents are obviously mad at me right now."

"They are your parents as well."

"I don't live here so," he shrugged, earning a small laugh from the younger. "I have to go now. There's someone in the dungeon I need to meet."

"Who?"

"A maid you and Eunsoo caught." he smiled. "Good night, my annoying sister. Have a good rest."

A small smile appeared on her face. She bid goodbye with her brother and closed the door. Slowly, the smile dropped along with her heart. Her chest tightened. She clenched her teeth and looked up to the ceiling to prevent from any tears falling. Her mind flew back to the night of her birthday party.

"I'll be waiting for your answer, Eunkyung."

She pursed her lips tightly. Seungmin would not have to wait. He wouldn't have to if Yunseo's men did not barge in out of sudden to destroy the night. She was about to give him the answer but time didn't let her.