Chapter 48 - The changed Future

Moresrid

Once both Marice and Antor were asleep, I made my way to the communication room.

I know now may not be the best of times, but if either of the children's lives are placed in danger I will not sit back and watch.

Once I was there I pulled up the private communication link I had with Kolvian.

"Moresrid, to what do I owe the pleasure?" He asks as the tone plays signalling him picking up the call. "There is something you should know." He looks at me with a confused face. "What do you mean, there is something I need to know?"

After carful thinking, I knew that even if I was to say the children are at risk, the thousands this mission could save would amount to our loss... Right? But even then would this make me a bad mother if there was even the slightest chance Marice could disappear; cease to exist.

I know withholding the information can be damaging, but it will save entire races from death "The place where you have gone, I packed you an extra pack of bandages and supplies in the back space of your tent." I said in a clam tone. To which he moved out of the range of the communication device he was using. "Just what we have needed, thank you again Moresrid." I smile trying to conceal my true feelings. "After everything you have done for me, for us, that was the least I could have done." I say, my confidence faltering ever so quickly. "Is everything ok?" He asks causing me to smile. "I am just worried us all, if this does not work and things wrong then the loss..." I hear a sigh, causing me to halt. "It's ok to be scared, I know we may lose some people on the journey, but they will live once we sort the past out." He says in a clam tone, almost contradicting the face he himself was pulling. "How about you get some rest and we can talk again in the morning." He suggested causing me to nod my head. "Goodnight Moresrid." I nod my head "A very goodnight to you Kolvian, and please... stay safe."

Once the call was over the wall I had built up during the conversation broke, as the gates opened, causing an inevitable flood of tears to fall down my face. "Will it really be alright!!" I shout with tears falling down my face. I will lose my baby and none of this will be alright!!

I must just be tired though, perhaps sleep will heal my current sadness.

After one final check on the kids I walked to my room before changing and getting in bed alone. "Please for the love of everything, let my baby not suffer the fate of which I believe will fall upon him." I say in a silent prayer before my eyelids closed for the final time that night.

After everything my little one has gone through, he still remains so strong. Please, stay even if you belong with me no longer. My treasure, a very fraction of my soul. Kolvian said that we would be able to keep the memories of this time, even after time as we know it changes. So perhaps even if it is a little after he should have been born, he will be born and raised in the way he should have been. In the arms of his mother and father. With his mate raised right along with him.

If only I was able to see the future as I was before alongside Honerva. However we can only view the current future, not what is to be changed. After all how are we to predict the affect changing the one thing that killed off Quintillions of lives. A battle that has waged for over 10,000 year, never to happen resulting in many not existing and those whom of which did to survive.

I will save you son, even if I have to leave with you...

I will see you again.