Chapter 47: The fight

Kolvian

Once the call was finished I got up and made my way to the bay of the ship. "All blades to report to the bay!" I shout through the speakers, whilst walking through the bay doors. "Sir everyone is already here." One of the younger blades says. "That is good, we shall now begin the plans of how we are going to defeat the guardians."

I walk over the table before laying down the map onto the table.

"Here are the plans"

- first we will land here, this is because it is the only blind spot of the guns that are used to shoot down the ships.
- once we have done that we will venture through the wilderness to reach the Rocky Mountains. Though we need to keep a level head because there are said to be ferocious beasts within the fields and fjords.
- once we have gotten past the land moranas (big cats, sort of like lions but bigger) we will pass the dicky passage into the dark forest.
- It is there we must prepare for the attack from the guardians.

"I have asked The green paladin to write in English, just in case either of you have forgotten your translator. it's now time to set off"

Once we were packed up we began our journey the fields and fjords. Which of course would be a problem in and of themselves.

Ulaz

We were making our way along the fields when a pack of wild animals jumped out at us. "On your feet men, we will deal with theses wild animals, you all need to conserve your energy." I shouted whilst making my way towards the wild animals.

I swung my blade towards the larges of the lot and it hit directly into it's chest. Before I could dodge I was thrown to the side, slamming into a rock not far from the blades. Whatever it was came back to try and finish me but Antok stopped it with a shot to the head. "Thank you." I say as he helps me up. "It is alright, what are pack mates for." He replies before pulling me up to my feet.

Once they were defeated we continued on our journey. "Kolvian this is a little too easy." I say without realising I had voiced my worries. "How so?" He asks me. "Well there are stories of hundreds of men before us not even making it to the rocky paths. I do not doubt our strength as a pack, but how is it hundreds of people were killed by those creatures?" I asked as opposed to stated. "That may be a grand thought, everyone be prepared. It is highly likely that whatever killed the hundreds before us, was not the wild animals!" Kolvian shouts out to the rest of the blades.

"Watch out!!!" I hear someone shout as I see Kolvian being shoved to the side by Amecia, who was soon impaled with a staff by someone who was dressed in black.

"AMECIA!!!"

I hear Saron (Amecia's brother) shout as he ran toward her. He runs to her side immediately giving her first aid. "It's okay, your going to be okay!" He says to her.

She looks over at me and shakes her head before looking at the staff. I knew what she wanted but none of us had the heart to stop her brother. "Saron, you did good but the wound is too big." Kolvian says breaking the silence. "No! She's all I have, I can't just give up... I-I hav-ve to try..." he trails off before he becomes a blubbery mess.

Kolvian

"It's a pity, I was aiming for the leader..." The masked person says before one of my blades jumps up and runs towards them. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." The figure laughs out before he stabs the blade. I couldn't see who it was though because they had a mask on. "Haderek!" I hear Antok shout before  the blade is pierced though the heart. No that couldn't be if the kitlings lose a father. "Damn it!! Retreat now!!" I shout to my blades before swooping in and grabbing Haderek.

"Please... tell Saharaok and... and Marice that I-I love them and it's not their fault." I nod my head before he looks up at me "and tell Moresrid that I love her..." he trails off before his head luls to the side. I place him down before covering him with a blanket that I had in my pack that is attached to my suit. "I will portray your message my friend." I say before making my way to Amecia and placing her alongside Moresrid.

"We will ensure to make a new rout, we can not continue on the rout we are on now!" I say out loud. I then pull out the map along with a retractable table cube and place the table down along with the map.

"We were intercepted before the rocky trails so we will use the right path rather than the left

"We were intercepted before the rocky trails so we will use the right path rather than the left. Once we are on the trail, we may be more susceptible to attacks but we will be on higher ground, meaning we may be able to see if there are any guardians around. However we will stick on the path of the forest as the mountains will be too steep for us all to climb as we don't have the equipment. The mission will also be extended by a day, so we will stay here and rest for the night." I finish before making my way over to the pack I had taken off and taken out my tent, pressing the button making it build itself up.

"Get some rest everyone, we are going to have a busy 2 days ahead of us

"Get some rest everyone, we are going to have a busy 2 days ahead of us..." I say before walking into my tent with the rest of the pack.

"We've lost 2 already and it's only the first day, who was the person from before?" I hear Ulaz question before lying down, in the pop up nest.

"That is a question for tomorrow, for now let's get some sleep..." I say before lying down in the nest myself. It was a good question though. I'll just have to ensure more we are more careful from now on.

"Rest up everyone..."