Chapter 3

Follow me on insta: shaziyakhanwrites

VOTE AND COMMENT! I NEED TO KNOW WHAT MY READERS HAVE TO SAY! UPDATES ON WATTPAD WILL BE AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK.

CAN'T WAIT TO READ WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? READ SEVERAL CHAPTERS AHEAD ON PATREON. SUPPORT MY PATREON PAGE: patreon.com/shaziyakhanwrites [LINK ON PROFILE PAGE ABOUT SECTION] THERE IS NO BARRIER TO HOW MUCH YOU WANT TO PLEDGE AS A PATRON, YOU CAN START FROM AS LOW AS A DOLLLLLAR AND OF COURSE SKY IS THE LIMIT ;)

1.) Escaping Ethan's Clutches (Ruining Innocence Book 1)- ONGOING

2.) Breaking Ethan's Clutches (Ruining Innocence Book 2) (COMING SOON)

3.)Ethereal Trance (A Pariah's Slave Book 1) (COMING SOON)

4.) Vicious Trance (A Pariah's Queen Book 2) (COMING SOON)

She was far above others in his eyes, yet far beneath himself

She was far above others in his eyes, yet far beneath himself. Far above common desires, yet far beneath to have a choice.

-Maryam
~~

Several days had gone by, eight to be exact, and Maryam remained within the solitude of her home. The trauma from the first day at her supposedly new school was slowly fading away. She was feeling secure again in her life. Except for those blue eyes..., those haunting, relentless, electric blue orbs that still made their way into her nightmares. They threatened her.

But it was going to fade away with time, Maryam believed, hoped. Whatever that was, whatever interaction they'd had, whatever she had felt, it was going to dwindle. She was confident of that much.

The doorbell rang, bringing her back to the present as she hastened to welcome her mother back home from work. She felt a peck on her cheek before her mother dropped the groceries she brought with her on the dining table by the kitchen. She stood beside the table for sometime, lost in contemplation as Maryam moved to stack the groceries away. Before she could take notice of her dilemma, her mother spoke, inhaling a loud breath.

"We need to talk." Something about the way her mother said that unsettled Maryam.

She nodded anyway, trying to act nonchalant. It was most probably about her impending school. Perhaps, regarding her transfer to another school, she told herself hopefully.

It wasn't until they had eaten their dinner and settled on their couch to catch up on a new Netflix series when her mother initiated their previously intended discussion.

"So, there's something I've been meaning to talk to you about, but first promise me you're going to keep an open mind about it, okay?"

Slowly, Maryam nodded, straightening her back in a stiff rod. Her heart began to race faster by the seconds. She decided to keep her mouth shut until her mother has finished talking though.