$$ DON.T WANT WAR PT 2

I got up with a light headache but immediately took in my meds to reduce it. I took a long shower and wore a white cropped tank top and grey high waist jeans along with all black Air Maxes. I left my hair out in an afro as I was going to bleach it at the salon and have myself a day off with Jacie. I went downstairs and made myself bacon with scrambled eggs since I noticed Dez had dishes laying in the sink, meaning he ate already. "Morning." I heard his voice. I turned around and smiled. "Hey," I said with a mouth full of food. "How'd you sleep?" I managed to get out properly. He laughed, "Pretty good, how bout you?" he asked as he turned on the speakers and loud music started playing. "It was aight." I said and continued to eat my food. "What are the plans for today sis?" he asked as he danced to "Antidope" by Migos. I laughed and swallowed down my food.

"Hanging out with Jacie, a typical girl day that we used to do when we were younger." I explained as I placed my plate in the sink.

"Aight. Tomorrow is our day, we gon' hang out, have a typical sibling day that we never had." He said and we both laughed.

"Stupid. Aight, you gon' pay for all the food 'cuz I'm broke." "Ah, that's on me anyways. But once you get yourself a job, you're going to pay everything back. You lucky you going to college." He said. I cackled, "Dezzy swerve."

"You should get yourself a summer job since you off for a couple months now anyway." "Can you leave?" I said as I looked at him in disbelief. He laughed and clapped his hands together. "I'm just tweakin' with you, witcho sensitive ass." He joked. I rolled my eyes and held up my middle finger. He gasped and pretended to be hurt. "I ain't got time for your lame ass. What you on today?" I asked. "Just chillin' with my homies. Finna be in traffic and shit." "You be safe, bein' in traffic all day. Doin' drugs like stupid." I said.

"As long as you ain't on that shit, I'ma be good." He smiled.

I held my hand in his face as I walked past him. He laughed and pushed me away. "I'm leaving, I'll text you somewhere today to check on you."

"That's not needed but aight. Love you sis and take care."

"You ain't gotta tell me that, you take care. Love you." I sang and smiled as I heard him laugh. I closed the door and went my way to Jacie's place.

The weather was nice, no sun but it was warm with a breeze. I walked up their porch and knocked on the door, waiting for somebody to open up. "Twin!" Jacelle laughed as the door swung open. She had her hair braided in two's and wore a black oversized shirt with white Chucks. "Hey darling!" her mom yelled as she walked past the door. "Hey Ma Stacy!" I greeted back. "Aight, let's go before Jecari's annoying ass tries to leave with me. Bye mom, love you!" she yelled as she quickly closed the door and pushed me forward to start walking. I laughed, "You're a mean ass sister." "You know how Jecari is, don't come and try to defend his ass." "Aight, got me on that one." "Thank you." She said and we both laughed.

We entered the salon and greeted Nene with a hug. "Bleaching right?" she asked me. I nodded. "Let's go. You came the right time." "I'm lucky today." I said and the other workers laughed. "They always want me 'cuz they know I'm the best, so y'all can stop laughing." Nene spoke and laughed afterwards. I cackled.

"Heartless." I said as I shook my head disapprovingly. She washed my hair thoroughly and massaged it with oil before applying the bleach and wrapping my hair up in foil. "Let me set this timer." She said as she grabbed her phone and couple seconds later put it down again.

"Y'all watched the Homicide Watch last night?" she asked as she rested her hands on her hip.

"Them boys are on a spree, I'm telling you." One of the customers said as she got her hair straightened.

"They really are." Nene spoke as she went to the sink and washed her hands.

"Why though?" Jacelle asked. "I have no -" "Drugs." A customer interrupted Nene. "Word?" Nene asked.

"That codeine stuff, it's trash anyways. It all started with one guy not paying or something and he got shot. Now the never ending cycle begins."

"Ah right, if you kill this one from this gang, that one from that gang is going to get killed and then it's all over again. I pray for Chicago, really." Nene said, disappointment in her voice. "It's crazy out here. A real hell hole." I said.

"Right, but there ain't no future for the black men here. There just ain't. It's impossible." One customer said.

"They won't give us money, that's the main problem." Jacelle said.

"Exactly. The government is with that crazy shit." I spoke. "You know what it really is though?" another customer in the corner spoke up, making everybody look at her while she was combing her hair. "What is it?" Jacelle asked. "Yeah, what is it?" Nene asked.

"They know what we doing. Hand the black men guns and they'll kill each other, that way the government doesn't have to do it." She said and smiled as she raised her eyebrows. "Hmm's" en "Ooh's" came from her statement, making us all think about it in silence as the soft music played in the background.