Bloody Hell

* Jess's POV*
"Baby girl? Are you sleeping?" I ask my little one.
"Hmm?" She squeaks. My sleepy little girl. She looks so cute with that pacifier too. I laugh softly.
"Wake up, my girl. Look around. Can you tell Mama what you see?"
Layla sits up and looks out the window.
"Hey, what's with all the rocks, Mommy?" She ponders. I wink at her.
"We're in Tennessee, Lala. We're driving up into the mountains!" I caress her face with my hand.
"Oh... is that why my head feels funny? And my tummy...?"
"Oh no, not again. Pumpkin, are you feeling sick?"
Layla nods.
"Mommy I no feel so good..." she reaches down for a paper bag and throws up. I turn on the air and feel completely helpless once again.
"Oh, dear. My sweetheart. My poor girl... can you make it another hour? We're almost at our new home."
"Yes ma'am, Mommy. I okay... I make it another—ugh..."
My poor little princess continues to puke. Her little body has to be in so much pain.

For the next hour, we drive up into the mountains. I'm sure the elevation levels aren't helping her. Even my ears are popping. Yep... poor thing is grabbing onto her ears now. God, if she wasn't full grown, I would swear she was only a year old. Poor thing. Just can't catch a break. Finally, I pull up at our new home.

"Baby girl? Look where we are."
She takes off her sunglasses and looks all around.
"Mommy... are we... like.. in a mountain?"
I laugh.
"Yes, sweet pea. These are the beautiful Smoky Mountains. Oh, Layla. I'm so happy that we're finally here." I look over at my girl and she is already out of the car puking. I get out of the car and rush over to her. "Well, that's one way to break in the new house!" I laugh. Little girl then pukes on my shoes. Eek...
"I'm so sorry... Mommy..." she cries. I take off my sneakers.
"Angel, no worries. Cmon. Let's get you in the bed. The furniture is all here and set up. I've taken care of everything." I trot along the the rocky driveway in my socks and hold her sweet little hand. I open the big screen door, and the sight is enchanting. I only wish Layla felt well enough to experience it. Why is she so sick?

* Layla's POV*
Mommy opens the screen door, and our new house is beautiful. I feel like I'm fucking this up so bad. This is our new home!

 This is our new home!

It's so beautiful. The mountain views... the porch... everything is gorgeous.
Still holding Mommy's hand, she guides me towards her room. She helps me up on the bed.
"Can Mommy change you, pretty girl?" she whispers.
"Mmmm..." I groan. Not that I don't enjoy being changed. My body is just so exhausted.
"I know, I know. My little sick girl. But I promise you'll feel a little bit better once you're in a fresh diaper. Okay? Mommy will let you wear one of her t-shirts if you'd like?"
I sigh, "yes ma'am". I feel so sick that even a binkie doesn't help. Mommy changes and dresses me. I lie down in our bed for the first time in 6 weeks. It feels so incredibly comforting. I just wish Mommy could nurse me. She tucks me in and kisses my cheek.
"Precious angel... can Mommy make you some tea? Would you like that in your bottle?"
"Mmhhhm," I breathe. I physically can't even talk right now. And not even because of little space. But that my body is so exhausted. I take another deep breath and fall asleep...

* Jess's POV*
I fell asleep listening to the rain. It's so calm and peaceful here. Away from the city... my little angel is sleeping soundly. Until...
"Mommy! Mommy! Oh my god! What the fuck?" Layla screams.
"Baby? What is it?! I'm right here! Did you have another nightmare?!"
"Oh, Mommy! I'm having the worst fucking cramps of my life! Oh my- FUCK!" She cries. Oh God, what is going on? My sweet girl... I undo the covers to go over to her... and what I see scares me... and you know how I told her not to panic the other day? Now is the time to panic.
Blood. So much blood. Her diaper is covered in it. I try to help her into the bathroom... my poor girl! She sits on the floor just screaming.
"Mommy! Mommy, help me please! It hurts so bad! Mommy!" Layla is crying in a way that breaks my absolute soul. The only time I ever heard her cry like this was during the incident. I immediately call 911...
"Hello?! Hi, yes, my fiancé is cramping uncontrollably and she's bleeding! There's blood everywhere!"
"Ma'am, where is the blood coming from?" The operator asks.
"It is coming from her! Like a period! Please, can you send someone out here?!"
"Help is on the way. Stay on the line until they arrive"
"Oh my girl, my poor girl!"
"Ma'am... I'm going to ask you a few questions. Is your fiancé pregnant?"