Save Me, Mommy

* Jess's POV*

"Just what in the hell was that, Jessica?!" Lee shouts.
"I'm sorry!" I cry. "I couldn't just sit here. I had to do something!"
"Well, now, where in the hell are you going to find a million dollars?!"
"From the bank! Do you not know that I am a millionaire? Yes, it's going to fuck me up financially. But god dammit , I'm getting Layla back. Now are you with me or not?!"
Lee sighs.
"Jesus fuck, Jess... I guess let's go to the bank"

I see my bank balance. $1,678,349. This really is going to put a hurt on us... I'm going to have to sell the house. This is my life's savings. My inheritance... these freelancer checks are not going to be able to give us the same kind of life. I only make about $60k now. That's half of what I made as a professor. I sign all the documents approving everything. I check my watch: 6:48. I have less than 2 hours to get my baby back. But like I said... I will do anything.

* Layla's POV*
I look at the clock on the wall... it's 7:51. Time is ticking. Can I trust Mommy? Did she really sell me? And now she just feels bad about it? But would she spend $1,000,000 just on guilt alone? These questions swirl through my mind... I can't stop looking at the clock. Peter, what I've come to find out is "Daddy's" real name, paces back and forth. His men are still in the room. I have been gagged and completely tied up to the bed. It's been 3 hours. I need my Mommy. But does she even have that kind of money? If she does, we're in a foreign country. How is she going to get it?
5 minutes 'till 8.
"Well... I guess 'Mommy' just isn't coming to get you, Layla! Like I said, France is going to be so much better for you. Way better than anything Jessica Skyes can ever offer you!" He continues cackling when I hear a bang on the door. Peter goes to answer it... and I see her. Mommy.