Chapter 3

We walked into the restaurant and was immediately brought to a private room in the back. We say down, where the waitress brought out the normal Cabernet Sauvignon I drink and asked Nick what he wanted to drink while handing him a menu, but not handing one to me, probably already knowing my usual. And yes, the legal drinking age in Hell is 16. And also, yes we have a jail and police force. 

He handed the menu back and asked for a bottle of one of their best Zinfandel and told her his order. She nodded and walked away. They brought out his bottle of wine, as well as bruschetta, fresh bread, and fried zucchini flowers. We ate and talked happily, mainly about family and school. I fell more and more in love with him as he kept talking, this stunning man in front of me. This man was the man for me, I knew it in my fucking soul. 

Then the entrees came out, my filet mignon and his shrimp fettuccine alfredo. He took a bite and closed his eyes, moaning slightly. That made my little friend shoot up like a flag pole. I smirked at him and ate my filet. 

"Sorry," he mumbles and I smile at him. 

"About what? You've done nothing wrong," I say and he smiles, then continues eating. We drink, eat, and leave, our bill on the house. I still tipped the waitress, knowing how much the restaurant business was like America in Hell, rather than Europe or Asia. We walked out, and was driven back to the school. Thankfully, tomorrow was Saturday, so no school. I have him stop at my house before we go back to the school. I guide him to the front door, my hand on the small of his back. 

"What are you doing?" He asks me when we get to the door. 

"Well, I know I'm going to marry you one day, so I want you to meet my family. And, see what will be yours when we marry," I say and he looks me in the eyes. 

"How do you know I'll marry you? And how do you know I want all this?" he says, pulling away from me slightly. I was shocked and hurt. 

"Well, um, I-I just assumed, uh," I start, take a deep breath and start again. "Look, I know that I love you, over just this day, I know that. And if you don't feel the same, that's fine, I understand. But I'm not giving up just yet, because I know you at least like-like me. And based on this date, how well it went, how much we clicked, I think this is headed in a good direction. Hell, the car ride, that's a good enough direction for me," I say, holding his hands in mine. He was smiling at me, tearing up slightly and smiling. 

"Well, you passed that test," he said quietly. "So, my last boyfriend, he did what you did, wined and dined me, but he just wanted my money and to get into my pants. I haven't dated since, that was about a year ago. Then you came along and I thought of him, he said similar things that you did, I just wanted to make sure," he said. I nodded and hugged him, kissing his forehead. 

"Never, never my beautiful prince," I say, resting my chin gently on the top of his head. I hear the front door open and look over to see who opened it while keeping my love in my arms. My mom looked at me and smiled, giving me a wink. Nick pulls away from me slightly and smiles at my mom. 

"Nick, lovely to see you again. I'm glad you and my son found each other, I always knew you would be a good fit for him," my mom says and gives him a hug. I looked at them confused, only to have my mom and Nick laugh. 

"My mom and hers have Sunday tea a lot," he said, smiling at me. I nod and walk in my house with Nick. My little sister and the twins come running, some yelling 'Nicky' and some yelling 'Brother'. I hugged my siblings, then they moved onto Nick. Nick started saying "I also babysit the little ones during tea, since our fathers normally have.."

"Sunday Morning Meetings," I say, making us both laugh. 

"Sunday meetings keep Hell running smoothly, keep humans suffering down here and up on Earth," my father says, entering the room. He shakes Nick's hand politely and then mine. "Good to see you again Nick. I'm glad my son is on track to make a good man his partner and spouse," he said to Nick, making Nick blush. 

"Thank you, your majesty," he says, making father laugh, which is a rare occurrence. 

"How many times have I told you, please, call me Lucifer," he says, making Nick nod politely. Well, my dad likes him, which is the best thing that could happen. "When James said he was gay, I was terrified he would date a man not suited for royalty or what it entails. But when I found out he was planning on making you his partner, I was thrilled. I know I have no worries with you," he tells me and smiles at Nick. 

"Well, I'm glad that James and I have found each other," he says and holds my hand. I smile at him and move my hand from his to his waist, pulling him close for me. He smiled and kissed my cheek, making the twins fake gag and my mother and sister 'awe' at us. Nick blushed and hid his face in my neck. I smile and wrap my arms around his waist. 

"I'm gonna show  Nick around the house a bit, after all, I hope it'll all be ours soon," I say and father nods. "I also informed Nick of the Royal Marriage and Bonding ritual," I say and and both of my parents nod. My mother gently put her hand on his shoulder. 

"Do you have any questions you would like to ask in private, as someone who was the submissive partner? Or any questions about getting into the family? Or, hell, any questions about the family?" my mom asks. He nods and she guides him to the conference room. My siblings run outside to go play and my father comes over to me. 

"Do you have the family male engagement ring?" I ask and he nods, wide-eyed. 

"You're going to propose? So soon?" he asks and I shake my head. 

"No, no. But I turn 18 in 8 months. I need to be engaged before then or else, you know, arranged marriage to some guy I don't know," I say and he nods, understanding. 

"Nick was our pick, but if you propose, it'll seem more genuine to him. Like my parents did, told me who my pick was 10 months before I turned 18, your mother, second daughter to Asmodeus. I told your mother, of course, and we went on dates, bonded, and fell in love. I proposed the day before my 18th. Got married on the day after my 18th. I don't regret a thing, and your mother doesn't either. But also, here," he says and hands me  two ring boxes, one bigger than the other. I open the small one to my grandfather's ring, the one given to my pop-pop. It had red diamonds in a black ring, a big, blood red diamond in the middle. In the other box was the matching wedding  rings, one had just small black band that connected magnetically to the engagement ring and a big black band, with a knotted band with red diamonds on each connection of the knots. I put them in my inside jacket pocket as my Nick comes out, smiling and laughing with my mother. 

He comes over to me and gives me a big kiss, which I happily returned, my hands instinctively wrapping around his waist. "So, should we start planning the wedding?" he says. I look at him wide-eyed, which made him chuckle. 

"What? Apparently, no matter what, we're getting married. You told me you loved me, and I fell for you when I saw you at school," he says and I look up at my mother, who shoots me another wink. 

"I, um, okay. If that's what you want, my love," I say and he smiles at me, kissing me again, just a peck this time. I take him to the library, my favorite place here, and he smiled, looking at me confused. I point to the window seat and smile at him.

"That's where I was when I found out I was going to be a big brother, where I read stories to my little sister and the twin boys, where I decided I wanted to go to public school rather than be homeschooled, where I dreamed about my future," I say, then point near the fireplace. "That's where I told my parents I was gay and they told me that they already knew, and didn't care," I say and smile at him, and guide him to the center. 

"So this is your favorite place, I'm guessing?" he asked and I nodded. 

"And here, is where we'll make it official," I say and he looked at me confused. I took a breath and got on one knee. 

"Since you said that you wanted to plan our wedding, I guess you'll need this my love," I say and open the engagement ring box. He smiled at me and pulled me up. He kissed me and put the ring on his finger, then kissed me again. 

"I'll take that as a yes," I say, my lips still close to his and he chuckles. 

"Of course it is, my royal love," he says and kisses me again.