○♧•♧○

Jimin was slurping instant noodles at a convenience store. It was raining outside. He blankly stared at the grey downpour through the glass. The pedestrians seemed busy with their lives. Innumerable umbrellas of various colours were seen. The cars honked loudly to alert the people. A typical 'Rain in the City' scenery.

The 21yr old boy was lost in his burdensome thoughts. He needed to pay the house rent and also buy new books for the upcoming semester. He needed money for that. Park Jimin wasn't rich as he appeared. The neat uniform that he wore every day was bought from a cheap store five years ago. He was lucky that he didn't grow much in the time span. If one looked closely, he could spot the stitches on the cotton fabric. The books he used were mainly second-handed or from the school library.

He lived with his mother and five-year-old brother. His father was an alcoholic and spent all their savings before dying out of alcohol poisoning. The young boy had to work part-time in the cafes after school to help his mom with her earnings.

Jimin's eyes recognized a familiar tall man walking with a bright pink umbrella above his head on the footpath. He immediately discarded the trash and ran out of the store, "Jin Hyung! Seokjin!"

The addressed person turned around and widely smiled at the younger. "Hey Chime! Long time no see!"

Kim Seokjin was Jimin's cousin (Son of his mother's elder sister)

Kim Seokjin was Jimin's cousin (Son of his mother's elder sister). He was four years older than him. He was rich though not as much as Taehyung. His father paid for Jimin's school. The younger was a scholar student thus he didn't want his talent to get wasted. And Jimin was grateful to his uncle and aunt for that.

Jimin ran under his umbrella. "Hey, when did you return from Japan?"

"A few days ago. I visited my family before coming here today morning." They walked together.

"Are you going to stay here?"

"Yep, I got an apartment. I completed my higher studies and opted for a job in school. What about you? How's your mom and brother?"

"They are fine." He looked forward at the busy street.

"And you? How are you?" Jin sincerely asked. He saw how the younger's expression fell. The dark circles were prominently visible under his eyes.

"I am doing okay." He sighed.

"Hey bro, don't stress yourself much. You can always approach me if you need help. Now I have a job." Seokjin assured.

Jimin was doing okay until recently their financial condition declined drastically. It was difficult for them to feed themselves. Only providing the school fees was not enough. But he hated to ask for money from anyone. "You and uncle have already done enough for me. I'll always be in your debts."

"Don't say like that. We did it because we love you and we know you will do great in the future. Never be ashamed of approaching me or my parents."

No matter how much Seokjin assured him, Jimin knew he and his family was a burden to them. It was not ethical to leech on their money. He aspired to get a good job and pay back all the debts to his uncle. He wanted to be true to his conscience. "I will keep that in mind. Oh, by the way, which school are you joining?"