Chapter 40: One Last Day

Start from the beginning

She got onto the beach and looked around. All of her teammates were busy doing their own thing. She didn't see Sylveon though, so she went inside the house to search for her. She decided to check the loft, and after some struggling she managed to get up to the loft. She quickly found her sleeping. Her closed eyelids were glistening and her mouth was partially drooling. She also had a facial expression that showed she was having a good dream. Brionne got in closer and heard her talking in her sleep.

"Pikachu...hehehe...more..."

Brionne sweatdropped at seeing her state. She hesitated to wake her up. She started to turn away, but missed the latter opening and smacked her head against the bar wall.

"Ah! Ass packing f—!"

Before she could finish, Sylveon woke up from the noise. She slowly got up.

"Who's there...is that you darling...?" she asked tiredly while rubbing her eye with her feelers. She looked and saw Brionne clutching her head. "Brionne...? What are you doing here...?" She asked with a little sleep left in her voice.

"S-Sorry to bother you. I can come back later" Brionne said.

"No it's alright. So what is it?"

Brionne tapped her flippers together. "W-Well for starters, I'm really sorry about the things I said when we were on Ula Ula Island..."

"Why are you apologizing to me? Shouldn't you be doing that to Decidueye?"

Brionne looked away. "I...I've been trying to...but, I'm just too ashamed to even be around him..."

Sylveon did feel a little sad for Brionne, but was also tired of this whole thing.

"Brionne. I want you to think REAL hard about this. Do you have feelings for Decidueye or not" Sylveon asked seriously. Brionne was surprised at her seriousness.

"I-I..." she started but was unable to finish.

"If you can't be honest with your feelings for someone you care for or theirs, then you're no friend of mine" Sylveon stated coldly.

Brionne's breath hitched upon hearing this. Sylveon walked passed her and jumped down to the ground floor. Brionne stood there, frozen from Sylveon's words.

As the afternoon rolled into the evening, Jake approached Serena.

"Hey Serena" Jake said.

Serena turned to face. "Hey dad, what's up?"

"Do you think we could go out to dinner tonight? Just the two of us?" He asked.

Serena was a little surprised being asked that.

"That's a good idea" Ash said.

The professors nodded in agreement. "You two deserve some time together" Kukui said.

Serena turned back to face Jake. "Then I'd love to" she said with a smile.

Jake smiled widely. "Thanks Serena."

Ash smiled seeing the two interact. 'It's nice to see Serena getting along with her dad.' His smile suddenly disappeared. He suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned to see Kukui looking at him. "What's up professor?"

"Since Serena is going out with her dad tonight, how about you, me and Burnet go out together?"

"Sure Professor, that sounds nice" Ash said with a new smile.

A little bit later the two groups of humans started to leave.

"Take care of the house guys" Ash said.