6.7 like lightning

Start from the beginning

Harry was holding my hand so tightly I wouldn't be surprised if the blood circulation was cut off.

"Hey, Y/N! You okay?" George asked.

Everything came back into focus as I noticed everyone staring at me.

"Yeah."

My response came out a lot weaker than it intended to sound, but it was brushed under the rug as Molly started scolding the both of us.

What happened to me?

I think back to the pounding headache as I chased after Harry, running as fast as my feet could carry me. The pain had blinded me like lightning, a bright flash of the worst pain I've ever felt between my temples.

A wave of uncertainty passed over me. I had questions that I didn't have answers to. What if it happens again?

"... is to never, ever, ever happen again, you two understand me? I was so worried!"

I turned my head to see Harry nod quickly as I did the same.

Molly quickly hugged the two of us so tightly I couldn't breathe for a couple of seconds before telling everyone to be quiet and go back to sleep as Remus conducted a perimeter check.

"Are you okay?" Harry whispered as Remus and Tonks left the room. "You seem a bit shaken."

"I'm fine... I'm just tired. You okay?"

Harry nodded as he gave my hand another comforting squeeze.

I made a mental note to visit Madam Pomfrey in the infirmary when we got back at Hogwarts, dismissing what happened as just the adrenaline of the chase.

I was making a big deal out of nothing. 

~~~

"Well, everything else seems fine except your apparent lack of sleep," Madam Pomfrey said with a raised eyebrow. "But, I can see the signs of sleep deprivation from miles away."

I shrugged, unable to know why it was harder to fall asleep these days. "Probably just the stress from schoolwork."

Madam Pomfrey turned back to the medical cabinet. "Just some mild headaches you said?"

"Yes, but last week I had a really painful one out of nowhere," I began. "It was hard to breathe and I couldn't focus for a while. After that, I've been getting dull headaches every once in a while."

"Let me look at you again, but here's this tonic that will help you with the smaller headaches."

I smiled gratefully as I took the medicine out of her hands. She raised her wand, a bright light nearly blinding me as she examined my eyes and the back of my throat again.

"Everything seems okay, but if you have another one of those really bad ones, come see me right away."

"I will, thank you." I shot her a small smile as she looked around.

"So where's the Fabulous Four today?" Madam Pomfrey joked. "I've never seen you without them."

"Busy," I lied as I jumped off the examination bed. "Thank you for your help."

Madam Pomfrey nodded before turning back to organize her cabinets as I snuck the tonic in my book-bag. As my hand reaches for the door handle, I found myself turning around again.

"Madam Pomfrey?"

"Yes dear?"

"I was wondering if you could keep this just between us?"

Madam Pomfrey studied my face before nodding. "Sure honey."

I gave her another grateful smile before opening the door and entering the busy corridor.

Maybe I should tell them.

I shook my head as I continued down the corridor. I didn't want to burden either of them over something small. It was probably just a cold, even more reason to just wait for the sickness to pass.

Harry had been on edge recently. Nightmares became the new norm and it was unusual for him to go a night without one. Hermione tenses up every time Ron and Lavender pass by, and she passes the time by overloading herself with schoolwork and books.

And Ron, well, he told Harry and me over break that he wanted to end it with Lavender, but worried about how she would react. She was a drama queen after all, and she would create a nasty rumor about him.

I didn't want to worry them.

"You're bloody lucky you weren't killed!" Hermione's voice rang loud and clear as I turned to my right. "You have to realize who you are- Oh! Y/N!"

I gave them a bright smile as I ran over, linking my arms with both of them.

"Y/N, save me from Hermione's lecture," Harry groaned. "I know who I am, Hermione, and you yelling at me doesn't help."

Hermione shot him a glare as he mumbled a small apology before kissing me on my cheek, ending the conversation.

"Guys, don't argue, besides-"

"My Won Won! It looks so cute on you!" Lavender's voice cut through my own as the three of us looked over at Ron who gave us a desperate look. 

Around Ron's neck was a bright pink necklace with the beads "Won Won" strung on it.

Ron gave a weak chuckle. "Lav, come on, of course, I'll wear it."

Lavender let out a loud girly screech before smothering him in sloppy kisses, Ron begging us to take him away with his eyes.

"Excuse me, I'll have to go and vomit," Hermione said breathlessly as she let go of my arm.

"Hermione!" I called out as she disappeared into the sea of students.

"Where were you earlier?" Harry asked as I turned to look at him. "I waited for you after breakfast."

Shoot. The infirmary.

"I had to go return a book for a class," I lied before reaching up to peck his cheek. "Also, you told me Dumbledore had to see you after, remember?"

"Oh shit, shit shit!" Harry's eyes widened as I searched widely for a clock. "I had to go to his office a while ago!"

"Go then!" I said with a small push. I smiled at him as he ran up to kiss me on the cheek one last time before sprinting away towards his office. I laughed at the sight of him dodging students, occasionally bumping into a couple as he hastened his steps.

The weight of the tonic bottle in my bag grew heavy as I watched him apologize to the students. I reached in to touch the bottle, uncertain if I was doing the right thing.