5.7 infatuated

Y/N's pov ϟ

The next couple of days were quite funny watching Harry fight against himself to win. Both of us were too proud to give in first, even though we both wanted the competition to end.

"Guys!"

Harry, Ron, and I looked up to see Hermione running down the Great Hall. She sat next to Ron as she pulled out a bag.

"Blimey! How do you have that many galleons?!" Ron's eyes nearly bulged out of his head as Harry and I leaned over the table to see what he was talking about. Sure enough, Hermione was carrying a large sack full of sparkling gold coins.

Hermione motioned for us to lean in. Once we all did, she started whispering.

"These gold galleons are a way for us to communicate the time and date of the DA meetings. When Harry changes his, every coin in this bag will change at the top. I thought this would be a more safe way to tell everyone the date of the meetings."

My jaw dropped to the ground as I stared at Hermione. "Hermione, you are so smart. Did I ever tell you how much I love you?"

"Everyday," Hermione teased as she quickly hid the bag as people walked around. "Ooh! We have shepherd's pie for lunch today!"

She quickly placed a pie onto her plate and started eating. I laughed at how quickly she dug in.

"Are you four ready for tonight?" I turned around to see Fred and George standing behind us.

"Of course, you two have been talking about this for days." I smiled as I looked at them.

"It's a celebratory party" Fred bent down and whispered. "For the DA!"

"Well, I'm excited. The four of us will definitely be there," I responded happily.

"Excellent! See you four tonight!" Fred and George waved as they left us to sit with a couple of seventh years.

"I wonder how nice the party is going to be," Ron looked over at his brothers. "This is the first time they've been so excited."

"I also heard that they're almost done with their joke shop products. I'm pretty sure they're excited to test them out tonight." I grinned at Ron. "Your brothers are bloody brilliant."

"When should we host our first DA meeting then?" Harry asked the three of us.

"How about tomorrow?" Hermione suggested. "Obviously we have the party tonight so we won't be able to host it."

"Sounds good to me," I grinned at the three of them. 

~~~

"Are you ready?" Hermione called from the restroom.

"Yeah!" I quickly touched up my light makeup as she came out the restroom. "Let's go."

Hermione smiled at me as we linked arms and made our way down the stairs. Harry and Ron were waiting for us in the common room.

"Are you two ready?" I asked as I let go of Hermione's arm to link mine with Harry's.

"You look nice," Harry smiled at me.

"So do you," I gave a smile back as Ron pretended to throw up.

"Can we get going now? Or do I have to sit and listen to you two?"

I rolled my eyes playfully at him. "Fine, Ronald. Lead the way."

The four of us quickly made our way down the hidden walkway and Hermione called out the passcode that George had told us earlier today. The door swung open as loud music echoed in the hallway. We quickly entered and shut the door.