6.1 weasley's wizard wheezes

Y/N's pov ϟ

"Hermione, be honest with me, okay?"

I closed the bathroom door as I raised my eyebrow at her.

"Honest about what?" Hermione asked as she continued brushing her teeth.

"I know you like Ron," I whispered as Hermione started choking on her toothpaste.

"Y/N!"

"It's true, you and I both know it!" I exclaimed as I hit her lightly on her shoulder. "Don't lie to me."

"I don't like Ron like that," Hermione began as she rinsed her mouth. "He's my best friend."

"Mhm, and Harry is my best friend."

Hermione shook her head, attempting to hide her smile as she wiped her face with a towel.

"I don't like Ron okay!" Hermione whispered to me before we walked out of the bathroom, a familiar hoot coming from downstairs.

"I think I'd know if my best friend's in my room, wouldn't I?" Ron's voice echoed as I ran over to the staircase.

"Is that an owl I heard?" I asked, a huge smile forming on my face.

"You haven't seen Harry, have you? Apparently, he's wandering about the house." Ginny leaned against the railing as she looked up at me.

"Really?"

"Really," Harry's voice rang out loudly as I started sprinting down the stairs.

"Harry!"

I reached the bottom of the stairs quickly as I ran towards towards him, wrapping him in a tight up. I smiled as Harry hugged me back, kissing me lightly on the cheek.

"When did you come?!" I asked excitedly as I pulled away. "We weren't expecting you for weeks!"

"Right now." Harry gave me a big smile as Mrs. Weasley came rushing down the stairs. I let go as Mrs. Weasley pulled Harry into a motherly hug.

"Harry! What a lovely surprise! Why didn't you let us know you were coming?" Mrs. Weasley asked as she cupped his face.

"I didn't know. Dumbledore!"

"Oh, that man! But, what would we be without him?"

"Uh, you got a bit of... toothpaste." 

I looked over to see Ron pointing at Hermione's face as she quickly wiped it with her sleeve. I hid my grin as I watched Ron give Hermione a small smile.

"Well, Harry. Why don't you put your things in Ron's room while I whip something up for you?" Mrs. Weasley asked Harry happily as she gave him a motherly smile. 

"Sure, Mrs. Weasley," Harry said brightly as she started making her way into the kitchen. 

"I'll help you." 

I teasingly winked at Harry as I grabbed Hedwig's cage while he hauled his suitcase up the stairs. We soon reached Ron's room as Harry closed the door behind him. 

I placed Hedwig's cage neatly next to the empty bed as Harry spoke up softly.

"Uh, are you okay?"

"Hm?" I turned to look at Harry who had an apologetic expression on his face. 

"I've uh," Harry paused as he looked at me. "Read the Prophet, so..."

"Oh." I felt my face fall slightly as I put on a fake smile. "It's okay. I'm good."