5.3 anger

Y/N's pov ϟ

The four of us exited the train onto the dark platform, the train whistling behind us as we walked towards the carriages.

"I'm surprised the Ministry's still letting you walk around free." I turned around to see Draco Malfoy sneering at Harry as he walked past us. "Better enjoy it while you can. I expect there's a cell in Azkaban with your name on it."

Harry lunged forward as Ron held him back. I glared at Draco as he ran off laughing with his friends.

"Just stay away from me!" Harry yelled after him.

"Harry, just ignore him. He's Malfoy," I smiled weakly at Harry who glared at Draco's back. He started stomping ahead as the three of us ran to catch up to him. We eventually stopped to wait for a carriage.  

"Hi guys!" I turned to my left to see Neville standing there, holding a large cactus-like plant.

"Hi Neville!" I smiled at him before pointing at his plant. "What are you carrying?"

"It's a Mimbulus Mimbletonia plant!" Neville exclaimed happily. "It's quite famous for its defense mechanism. My gran got it for me!"

"That's good to hear," I grinned at him. Before I could say anything else, Harry spoke up.

"What's that pulling the carriage?"

I turned around to see the carriages pulling themselves like normal.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him as he stared at the empty space in front of the carriage. "It's pulling itself like always."

"You're not going mad," a dazed voice came from the carriage. I looked up to see Luna Lovegood reading the Quibbler upside down. "I can see them too. You're just as sane as I am."

As everyone started making their way towards the carriage, Neville stepped in and sat. I was about to sit next to him as Harry grabbed my wrist, pulling me behind him and swiftly sat down next to Neville. I nearly scoffed at his actions before sitting next to him.

"Everyone, this is Luna Lovegood," Hermione spoke up.

I smiled warmly at her before pointing at her necklace. "You have an interesting necklace."

"It's a charm, actually. Keeps away the nargles. Yours is very pretty." Luna smiled back at me as I reached up to touch the heart charm.

"Thanks."

"Hungry," Luna began to look at the pathway ahead of her as the carriage began moving. "I hope there's pudding."

"What's a nargle?" I heard Ron ask Hermione.

"No idea," she whispered in response.

~~~

It was now dessert as I reached out to grab a piece of the chocolate cake. I quickly placed it on my plate and began eating happily.

"Why is Seamus staring at me like that?" Harry whispered into my ear as he nudged my arm. I looked over to see Seamus glancing at Harry while whispering to a group of fourth years, a huge gap between Harry and him. I frowned as I shrugged, shoving another piece of cake in my mouth.

"Good evening children. Now, we have two changes in staffing this year. We're pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank, who'll be taking Care of Magical Creatures, while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave," Dumbledore spoke up.

"We also wish to welcome our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Dolores Umbridge. And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor good luck. Now, as usual, our caretaker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you..."