5.9 christmas

Harry's pov ϟ

I slid across the same doorway I've been dreaming about for months. The reflection on the wall revealed a long python snake as I opened the familiar door to see Mr. Weasley walking around with his wand. I slid toward him, feeling angry as I started attacking him, blood spraying on the floor.

I woke up, breathing heavily covered in sweat as I realized the situation. 

"Ron!" I ran over to his bed where he was snoring loudly. "Ron!"

He woke up with a start and sat up slowly.

"What is it, Harry?"

"It's your dad."

"What?" Ron opened his eyes widely and stared at me.

"We need to go get Professor McGonagall."

We quickly ran out of bed and made our way towards McGonagall's office. We banged on her door loudly, calling her name.

"What is it?!"

Professor McGonagall opened the door wearing a long overnight coat with her hair down.

"Professor," I took a deep breath before continuing. "I had a vision. It's Mr. Weasley. He's in trouble."

Her eyes widened as she grabbed my arm and started pulling me towards Dumbledore's office. She whispered the password to the gargoyles as we made our way up the steps. 

"What is it, Minerva?" Professor Dumbledore asked Professor McGonagall as she explained the situation.

"Go get the Weasley children. Quickly, please," Dumbledore instructed Professor McGonagall as she curtly nodded before exiting the room. Dumbledore started pacing, deep in his thoughts.

I stood there, my mind racing as I remembered the dream. I was the one who attacked Mr. Weasley. I was the snake.

"Come. Come," I heard Professor McGonagall say as I turned to look at the door. Ginny, Fred, and George walked in, confused expressions on their faces as they sat down. 

It was dead silent as Dumbledore spoke up.

"In the dream, were you standing next to the victim or looking down at the scene?"

"Neither. It was like I," I took in a ragged breath. "Professor, will you please just tell me what's happening?"

Dumbledore blankly stared at me for a couple of seconds before turning to a portrait in his office.

"Everard, Arthur's on guard duty tonight. Make sure he's found by the right people." The portrait nodded before exiting his frame.

"Sir-" I was cut off as Dumbledore made his way towards another portrait.

"Phineas, you must go to your portrait at Grimmauld Place. Tell them that Arthur Weasley is gravely injured and his children will be arriving there soon by Portkey."

The first portrait returned and spoke up loudly. "They've got him, Albus. It was close, but they think he'll make it. What's more, the Dark Lord failed to acquire it."

Dumbledore let out a thankful sigh. "Oh, thank goodness. Next we need to-"

I felt a sudden burst of anger as I watched Dumbledore walk around.

"Look at me!"

The entire room turned to stare at me with surprise.

"What's happening to me?"

My mind was filled with fear and worry as Dumbledore watched me.

"You wished to see me, headmaster?"