Prologue

It's a sunny day with cloudless sky. The bright blue was painted across the above and it's mesmerising.

But what's more mesmerising to her eyes is the sweet smile and cute laughed of her daughter.

"Aria," tawag nito sa kaniya. Ang babae naman ay nakatanaw sa kaniyang anak na nakikipaglaro sa mga bata sa palasyo.

"It's Queen Aria," asik nito sa kausap. "Even though you're a king, it doesn't mean you'll address me by my name only."

He chuckled. "Sabihin mo 'yan kapag tinatawag mo akong Yashiro lang."

The two went silent. Kahit na magkasama ito sa iisang kwarto, kapag silang dalawa lang ay hindi niya tinuturing asawa ang kasama. Katuwang sa palasyo lang ang tingin niya dito.

"Araia..." Yashiro whispered to Aria's ears. She felt electrics to her spine even if she's manipulating the thunderstorms. It's not because of the lady feels something romantic to her companion.

It's because he pronounced her daughter's name with a hidden meaning. It's like the king is saying something using her precious angel's name.

"What's with my daughter, Yashiro?" Inis niyang sabi sa hari. She felt afraid—it's her first time in her entire life she felt that. But still, she remained her posture like a queen she is.

"Well... Aren't you afraid?" He asked with a seductive tone. Still, he's breathing in Aria's neck. But the latter doesn't give any reactions at all. "Look at you, calling me only by my name..."

"I'm not afraid," Aria replied and she look to her side. Agad niyang sinalubong ng tingin ang mga mata ni Yashiro. Wala siyang pakialam kung ilang pulgada lang ang layo ng mukha nila. "You don't deserve to be called a king anyway..."

"So as you..."

"Uh-huh," Ariadne clapped back. "Coming from someone who started all of these mess, hmm?"

Muling nilapit ni Ariadne ang mukha sa kausap. Yashiro was confused so he choose to close his eyes hardly. Only to hear the latter's laughs.

"See? Look who's hoping for something," she said. Naramdaman niyang umurong ito at umalis sa harapan niya.

Ariadne sat down on the edge of their bed while Yashiro remain standing beside the window. She disgusted with the idea of sharing the same bed with someone she hates the most.

"If Araia finds out everything..." Yashiro spoke up again.

"Are you going to use my daughter against me?" Ariadne say it straight and then she chuckled. "Can't turn me down to your own hands? What a coward you are."

"May isip ang bata, Ariadne," dugtong ni Shiro. Didn't mind what the queen's replied. "Kapag nalaman niya ang lahat, titingalain ka pa rin niya bilang isang reyna at ina?"

Ariadne closed her eyes hardly. Shiro is right. Hindi na pabata si Araia at dadating ang panahong magkakaroon na ito ng sariling isip.

"At sa tingin mo bang titignan ka pa rin niya bilang kaniyang ama, shiro?" Ariadne fired back. "Don't talk as if I'm the only one who has a chaotic faith here."

Yashiro just chuckled. "Triggered, hmm?"

Unti-unti itong humakbang papalapit kay Ariadne at huminto sa harapan ng babae. Unti-unti itong yumuko at tinignan ang reyna mata sa mata.

"You know, how much you hide the truth, someday, it will find a way to unmasks itself..."

Then he left, leaving Ariadne in a thin air and silence. Hindi man lang nagawang sumagot ng reyna dahil sa sinabi ng hari. Gusto niyang isawalang bahala ang lahat. Marami pa siyang plano para sa kaniyang sarili at sa kaniyang anak.

But no matter what she's doing, the sting of the past will showcase itself.

"Maybe this is my fate, I guess?" She said to herself.

She knows that even if she ran farther, the flames of the past can catch her up and end her life. If that happens, she's glad. Matagal na din niya itong pinaghandaan.

Ang apoy ng kasinungalingan na hanggang ngayon ay nag-aalab. The only way to end this things up is her daughter.

Napatingin siya sa pinto nang may kumatok.

"Kamahalan, nakahanda na ang kabayo patungong timog ng buwan," her personal servant said. She didn't even bother to speak up and sighed.

Muli siyang bumalik sa bintana at pinagmasdan ang anak. She's afraid that one day, she can't see that smile that shines to her dull world.

"I'm giving you the permission..." She said to herself while still her eyes on her daughter, Araia. "To kill me if you want to, Araia Zelysteo."