27. Walkie Talkies

"Eds,"

"Hm?"

"How did your uncle not ask you about the bruises?" I asked as I applied some ointment on his wounds so hopefully they'll heal sooner than later. He had a black eye and his neck had the most prominent bruise apart from the rest of his body which was covered with small scars and injuries. Yet, he acted so normal; as if nothing had happened just the other night. 

"He always does," he shrugged looking up at me as I closed up the ointment and stood up from a kneeling position, sitting back down next to Eddie giving him a confused look as I tried to look back upon this morning and pin point when Wayne had actually asked such a question.

"You were using the bathroom," he said a small smile on his lips.

"Oh okay, what did you say?"

"Not much just that I got in a fight with some guy at a bar," I nodded at his response.

"What about school?" 

"He's used to it by now," he chuckled as he leant forward and placed his head on my chest kissing lightly on my neck.

"Did you call your dad?"

"Yeah, I just told him we're taking a study day."

"He believed you?"

"He's starting to trust me more, I feel like it has something to do with you," Eddie looked up at me with his face lightened up. 

"Really?" I couldn't help but giggle as his smile grew wider and wider.

"I think he likes you more than me."

"I mean what's not to like, breath taking smile," he flashed as smile and licked his lips, "I can play guitar better than anyone in this town," he stood up on the bed jumping on it and playing guitar in thin air as I sat looking up at him my body moving with the mattress as I laughed out loud, "and who doesn't love this luscious hair," he flipped his hair jumping back down and sitting next to me, "I just love your weed," I smiled innocently as he placed a hand on his heart, "Y/n you wound me." 

"Oh I'm sooo sorry," I apologised sarcastically as he glared at me.

"Oh shit nope no," I quickly got off the bed 'cause I knew exactly what was gonna happen.

I ran out of the bedroom, "Wayne protect me please," and hid beside the couch as the older man looked over the side of the sofa baffled.

"Come here you little shit," Eddie laughed as he grabbed me while I laughed, he placed me over one of his shoulders as I looked at Wayne with my hands in a prayer sign. The middle-aged man chuckled and shook his head at the two crazy somewhat-adults. 

Eddie walked into the bedroom and placed me on the bed as his hands lingered just above my ribs threatening to tickle me. "No please no," I squirmed trying to escape, he quickly grabbed both my arms with one hand and placed it above my head while his other hand still lingered at my waist.

"Tell me you love me," he urged jokingly. 

"Threeee," he started counting down lengthening the word, as his fingers got closer.

"Twooo,"

"Ooon-"

"Okay fine I love you," I laughed as he looked at me, "and why do you love me y/l/n?"

"Hmmm," I placed a hand on my chin acting like I'm thinking hard. He glared at me as I continued mocking him just before he started tickling, "nooo, stop stop," I tried pushing his hands away as he straddled me sitting on top of my hips.